GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today marks the first new car I have purchased since 1996. A black [/color]2LT, with the NAV package, Brownstone [/color]leather, and a sunroof. Hard to find one like this without a lot of other options that raise the price.
The salesman finally found one at another dealer that could be traded for one of his.
I took a drive around the So Cal freeways, it really is a smooth vehicle.

Fits in the garage so I can raise the hatch without opening the garage door. Still trying to dial in the NAV system, it really does a lot.
Very happy with the purchase experience, and the vehicle. All the positive reviews were spot on.
Can't wait for the first road trip, which might be next weekend to No Cal. :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
Congrats on your new Nox.

How about some pics?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You'll love it. Just the novelty of washing it will wear-off pretty quick.
I have a black Nox and hand waxed it so it always shines but the dew in the morning spoils it somewhat.
Black's the sexiest colour but just like a sexy lady you'll have to pamper her. ;)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Doogr said:
Black's the sexiest colour but just like a sexy lady you'll have to pamper her. ;)
Black Granite takes that honor ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Doogr said:
You'll love it. Just the novelty of washing it will wear-off pretty quick.
I have a black Nox and hand waxed it so it always shines but the dew in the morning spoils it somewhat.
AAAAMENNNNN to that. Love the black when it's clean, but it requires weekly hand washings in my opinion. You are right, the morning dew ruins it somewhat. Ive started using Meguiers Ultimate Quick Detailer and it is amazing for between washes/waxes. Gets it looking like glass again! I just tell myself every time i spend hours detailing her that the paint will thank me years from now...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am able to park in the garage, so dew is not an issue. I went to Pep Boys and bought a "California Duster", which evidently uses waxed cloth that looks like a mop to dust the outside.
I still find myself walking out of a store and remembering that the shiny black Crossover is mine!

·
Registered
315 Posts
lutherm07 said:
I actually just bought one of those from wal-mart today, if it just wasnt so big and purple... hopefully it works well.
I have one as well, have had it for nearly 2 years now (my second one). They are great at removing light dust/pollen. Just do not put any pressure when trying to removing something. I usually will dust it, then use a finish enhancer to extend the time between washes. They do not work so great when new, too much "wax" on them. but once dirty or dryed out they work great for the money imo

·
Registered
38 Posts
grometsc said:
They do not work so great when new, too much "wax" on them.
Yeah i laid it on a newspaper like it said to and it is suprising the amount of oil coming off onto the paper! Anything to buy me some time between washes...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts