GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Equinox LTZ 3.0 AWD with 75,000 miles, regular maintenance, no codes at all, TopTier gas only. within the last 500 miles I have noticed a change in the shifting, not that it’s hard or missing gears, but it feels like when a standard transmission is allowed to slow down between shifting, so my first thought was the transmission, however, no codes. Then I was driving through my neighborhood and noticed that if I left off of the gas at 25-30mph, it slows to about 3-5mph within 1/8th of a mile. So then I was thinking it might be a caliper dragging, but there is no extra heat or additional wear on any one brake pad and also if I let my foot off the brake at a dead stop, the vehicle doesn’t move at all. Today, it dawns On me that with the electronic throttle, the throttle position actuator could be acting up but then it would cause a code and/or stalling. I don’t want to spend a bunch of money chasing down a bad caliper but would be open to rebuilding all 4 if I could find a kit that has the inner seal, piston and boot. Any ideas where I should be looking/anyone had similar symptoms??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts