GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 Terrain SLT
Occasionally pulling up to a light and stopping, brakes won't release until accelerator is pressed hard, like brakes are stuck. Also auto/stop works sometimes but most of the time not
I'm thinking they are probably related. Maybe computer problem
Any suggestions or just take it to the dealer. I have extended warranty

· Registered
2018 Terrain Denali 2.0T FWD
286 Posts
There are a slew of criteria for the stop/start to activate. Check your owner's manual for the complete list. The owners's manual for my '18 Terrain has eight bullet items.

One of those items is a low battery charge. This can be a very common occurance if you do a lot of short trips, or the vehicle sits unused for periods of time. If the voltage reading on the DIC is pretty much always in the 13-14 range, your battery is not fully charged.

Also, if the '19s are like my '18, the factory battery is a 36 month version, so your battery could simply be close to failing. That being the case, it's harder to get a full charge, and when you do it doesn't last very long.

I don't have any ideas as for your "stuck" brakes. That said, that too could be related to a weak battery. I don't know if the brakes are still mechanical, but most systems on modern vehicles are "fly by wire". And if the "wire" doesn't get enough energy from the battery, all sorts of gremlins appear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts