GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
There are lots more 'Genuine GM parts' made in Genuine China. I think that the last two parts i bought recently one being an Alternator which was made in Michigan and a Transmission thermostat that was made in Canada but with 'imported parts' I guess they have to tabulate the parts sources when doing the Moroney Sheet. At least my Suburban was made in Texas with imported parts Natch

·
Registered
307 Posts
All Car Makers have turned to China, as even Mexico is starting to become too expensive for them. Ford, Dodge as well as the Asian makers are using China alot. It seems Parts are starting to be hard to come by. I was looking at the Rockauto site for some items, and of the 6 things i was going to buy, 4 showed out of stock and the notice if they come in can we notifiy you. I just changed the Battery ahead of time in My wifes 18 Terrain, it was built in July 17 and that battery was showing week on the tests i performed. The Dealer wanted nearly 500 dollars just to sell the AGM battery with 3 week turnaround. I went to the Local Walmart and they had only two group 48 AGM in stock. I went home to confirm the size and came back the next day and only one was there, i grabbed it and installed it two weeks later. That was the beginning of Aug, i have been back and checked and they have not had any come in. They are backlogged. I guess the parts shortage has caught up to the aftermarket.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts