GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GMC TERRAIN AWD SLT-2 3.0L V6 (LF1) 6T70 Gen 1 Transmission
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What?
I only buy genuine gm parts for my Terrain and I've bought alot from this online dealer in the past and this is the first made in china part I've received.
I don't like made in china parts on my truck, thats why i only order from gm dealers.
You would think they would make the tag a little bigger, It's a bit hard to read. Lol
Grrrrr.

Oh well, I'll just cross out the china and write in USA, Yeah!!! Know what it is?

Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Grey Font

·
Registered
307 Posts
There are lots more 'Genuine GM parts' made in Genuine China. I think that the last two parts i bought recently one being an Alternator which was made in Michigan and a Transmission thermostat that was made in Canada but with 'imported parts' I guess they have to tabulate the parts sources when doing the Moroney Sheet. At least my Suburban was made in Texas with imported parts Natch

·
Registered
346 Posts
It's really disgusting...replacement parts are all junk. I do most all my own work and the name on the box really does not mean chit anymore. All cheap Chinese scrap rolling off the same junk ass line, the first thing I check now is the last part I changed :poop:

·
Registered
2012 terrain 2.4 ecotec flexer
98 Posts
Good chance original part was made in China too. Big reason GM quality has dropped dramatically. Parts are globally sourced and cheapest part used to make it through warranty period. 🤬

·
Registered
307 Posts
All Car Makers have turned to China, as even Mexico is starting to become too expensive for them. Ford, Dodge as well as the Asian makers are using China alot. It seems Parts are starting to be hard to come by. I was looking at the Rockauto site for some items, and of the 6 things i was going to buy, 4 showed out of stock and the notice if they come in can we notifiy you. I just changed the Battery ahead of time in My wifes 18 Terrain, it was built in July 17 and that battery was showing week on the tests i performed. The Dealer wanted nearly 500 dollars just to sell the AGM battery with 3 week turnaround. I went to the Local Walmart and they had only two group 48 AGM in stock. I went home to confirm the size and came back the next day and only one was there, i grabbed it and installed it two weeks later. That was the beginning of Aug, i have been back and checked and they have not had any come in. They are backlogged. I guess the parts shortage has caught up to the aftermarket.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What?
I only buy genuine gm parts for my Terrain and I've bought alot from this online dealer in the past and this is the first made in china part I've received.
I don't like made in china parts on my truck, thats why i only order from gm dealers.
You would think they would make the tag a little bigger, It's a bit hard to read. Lol
Grrrrr.

Oh well, I'll just cross out the china and write in USA, Yeah!!! Know what it is?

View attachment 18938
So China is GM's biggest market. Figures for 2021 were 2.9 million in China vs 2.2 million in the US - both were a drop from 2020 and 2019. Only seems to make sense that many parts for GM vehicles would be made in China. If you do not like 'China parts' in your vehicle you had best be buying a different vehicle as there are more than we can count. If one has a problem with China parts, oh well, we are stuck with the fact. No amount of complaining by the consumer will change it. Truth is that without that tag, neither you nor I or any other China basher would have a clue as to where the part was made. And just out of curiousity, when did a Terrain become a truck? it is a crossover between a car and an SUV and IMHO not all that exciting a vehicle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
What?
Grrrrr.

View attachment 18938
It's like AC Delco Batteries are not ac delco anymore. They are made in China or other ac delco parts that use to mean oem GM. Not anymore. A lot of them are not aftermarket made overseas.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts