GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In December 2010 bought my wife a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT2 AWD V-6 Infotainment, DVD Package, Chrome

Needless to say..I love this thing, alot.....
So last Saturday, it was my turn. i was really itching to buy another Terrain, or Equinox, but then I thought. Do I really want to be driving basically the same car for 6 years, the answer was no. Although I love the terrain, I need, personally something more rugged, to be abused a little more, than our gorgeous GMC.

So I went to the Subaru dealer, and bought a 2011 Subaru Outback Limited with CVT transmission, paddle shifting. Its rugged, rides comfy, heated wipers, seats etc, 8.7 ground clearance...and i love this thing just as much as terrain. Its handles better than the terrain on Country Roads, but for LONG hauls, the Terrain is the champ. It lays flat around corners the Terrain tips on, and has more cargo room. But the Terrain, is still my baby. I didnt to be taking our Terrain up a snowy mountain in January in 2 feet of snow to go skiing, or up mountain trails to go camping.

Anyone else consider buying another Terrain or Equinox, but realized you needed a variety instead driving essentially the same car everyday.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great answer?

·
Registered
303 Posts
gmc_noob,

I've also thought about purchasing a second Terrain. My wife drives the SLT-1 that we received about 1 month ago.

My daily driver is a '09 Escape Limited. It's no Terrain, but it provides a lot of utility which is the reason I bought it. We also looked at the Subura Outback before buying the Terrain, and my wife (and me too) liked the Terrain much better.

So I've thought about another Terrain, but my objections to it are just like yours. I need more cargo space, not less. And driving 2 of the same care all the time is kind of boring, even though I love the Terrain.

Just yesterday my GMC dealer called me and told me they just got a SLE-1 if I wanted to look at it. Well, it wasn't the color I wanted and it was gone in just a few hours.

Overall I like my Escape but I'm always keeping my open for something else. The Outback is the only vehicle (other than Terrain) I would consider.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I wanted a LOADED Acadia when we were shopping, but wife thought it was too big for her to handle day-to-day.
So we got the Terrain for her, maybe one day an Acadia will be mine!
:eek: 8) ;D

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I completely understand your thinking, I wouldn't want to have two of essentially the same vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts