GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Wow, talk about sticker shock. I thought the price of $79 was knida high untill I saw the other mouldings at $132. Maybe parking farther out will be cheaper. LOL
After buying the cargo mat and the Husky liners, I'll have to wait a little until my piggy bank fills back up.
Now my problem is where to spend any left over money....the Terrain or the Harley. Decisions--decisions. ;D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ordered Merlot SportWing moldings on Monday, Received today, look great, great packaging. 2 questions before I install them. How long do you have to work with the activator? Is the activator necessary. I have installed lots of stuff with the 3M tape and never had to use it before. Probably wont get a chance to install for a few weeks due to work schedule.

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Ask their cust service - very good. They told me that the activator was not needed on a new car that is clean, and the temperature is descent. I didn't use it, and mine have stayed on - 3 weeks so far !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Finally got co-operation from work schedule and weather to install the SportWing mouldings. Time stamps on photos show total time after cleaning and taping was about 15 minutes. Dry fitted, glad I did because the back edges of the front door mouldings are cut at a slight angle to follow the door line. If you installed with the leading edge angle at bottom instead of top it would not fit up properly. 1 hour max total install time.

Sun was shining when we started cleaning and thunderstorm came thru right after we finished.

I washed the door areas only since rain was forecast for PM showers.

Used denatured alchohol instead of wipes they furnished. Is what body shop used when replacing side moulding on my truck. Did not use the activator. Was told it is not needed with new install and denatured alcohol.

Laid out reference dimensions with low tack painters tape. The 1/4" gap on rear door is required for clearance when the door pivots open.

Wife could not believe how much the appearance improved.

Attachments

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'll have to take a look at these. I've had the vehicle for only 48 hours and I already have a door ding. I want to prevent any further.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Those side moldings are really sharp!...I like them because they are wide enough to do some good, not just for looks. Where did you guys get them again...its hard to figure out with so many posts...who got what from where LOL...I looked at the sportwing.com site, but couldn't find any pics of the Terrain molding, but their price was something like $132. Is the the place that has the wide molding?
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
315 Posts
2010 LTZ said:
The moldings arrived today through Canada Post.
Placed the ordered last Friday. Carbon Black, looks good so far.
In regards to the final bill, it's around $190.00 with the shipping to Canada.
I know I promised to post pictures before, I think when I install these the vehicle will be complete. I'll post pictures then.
Look forward to that....I was wondering how good the paint would turn out. Black Granite/Carbon Black is such a hard color to match imo

·
Registered
830 Posts
Maybe it's me but i don't find the moldings for the Terrain on the websites or on ebay... Maybe because i'm from canada and on ebay.ca they are not available...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You have to buy the 'Nox moldings. They dont have ones cut for the Terrain yet so that is why the Terrains that have the molding look a little bit odd.

·
Registered
635 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
Maybe it's me but i don't find the moldings for the Terrain on the websites or on ebay... Maybe because i'm from canada and on ebay.ca they are not available...
Do a search..for sportwing

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Obviously hindsight is 20-20, but didn't you notice the dimples before you installed them? Can you let me know how you remove them. I haver a similar removal project to do, and don't know how to fo it.

THX

·
Registered
9,971 Posts
Sportwing is a 1st class operation, and I'll bet they back up their product. I have bought 2 painted products from them, and they were both perfect.

·
Registered
265 Posts
No problems here with Carbon Black Metallic..Look great..I see nothing what you are talking about..Fit and look great..Thanks Sportwing!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine came this week too....quicksilver metallic....They look fine to me. Will inspect them better this weekend when I install them on the Terrain.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Mine look Fine also..Looked at all angles in light..in dark with flashlight..Only thing I did not use was a magnifing glass,hehe..I do not even own them..Maybe yours were made on a Friday or Monday when either they were in a hurry leaving or getting back with a hangover..I told them to make mine Tues thru Thurs..hehe

·
Registered
35 Posts
Gpt my moldings on this afternoon....look GREAT!!! By the way, I was talking to a friend at church...he has the SLT-2 model Terrain, and I mentioned that I installed body side moldings on my Terrain (which is a SLE-2). He said his already had moldings when he bought his. Do the SLT-2's come from the factory with moldings? I never really got up close to his to eyeball his moldings...see if the were similar to the kind Sportwing sells.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts