1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
no pix!

·
Registered
441 Posts
why have door molding that far down? your kidding yourself if you think it will stop any dings.....

whats next a trip to walmart for more stick on shiny plastic pieces? i think it looks horrible.....its a caddy and your adding junk to it....

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Sorry - Not my style either. In case we convince you, it is possible to "remove" the body-side moulding and re-place it in a different location without even using any new 3M tape. I've done it before on a sunny day. My car door temp was 139 degrees with my digital laser thermometer. It took some guts, but worked out fine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok.... That's why the rainbow has 7 different colors I guess. But it DOES protect at this location, because it's 1/2" depth. I've tried it on an SUV, mini-van, and mid-size car. Some small Jap sleds almost get thru but even these hits are greatly minimized ,so you'll get a "peck" instead of a dent.

As for why mounting it there? look at the affect putting it where Sportwing.com and others say, at mid-door. (pix on their site) It adds a new, 3rd body line to our SRX's gorgeous profile, and that is what I call hideous. JIMHO.

Wonder what you'll say when "ugly" dings/dents appear eventually on your beautiful doors????

I wish good luck.

MM

·
Registered
441 Posts
Motorman said:
Ok.... That's why the rainbow has 7 different colors I guess. But it DOES protect at this location, because it's 1/2" depth. I've tried it on an SUV, mini-van, and mid-size car. Some small Jap sleds almost get thru but even these hits are greatly minimized ,so you'll get a "peck" instead of a dent.

As for why mounting it there? look at the affect putting it where Sportwing.com and others say, at mid-door. (pix on their site) It adds a new, 3rd body line to our SRX's gorgeous profile, and that is what I call hideous. JIMHO.

Wonder what you'll say when "ugly" dings/dents appear eventually on your beautiful doors????

I wish good luck.

MM
dont park in a crowded lot, and you wont have those issue.....dings will happen...even driving down the road from rocks.....

nothing you can do about it.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what I own serves me, not vice -versa. I won't park 1/2 mile away from a store. My time is too valuable. Maybe when I retire? But I will avoid parking next to an older beater, with only 2 large doors. Common sense should always be in "drive".

Yes, road debris will always be with us......I live in NY. But most dings on my past vehicles have been caused by ding-bats, not stones.

MM

PS...........my wife's friend's 2010 Nox just got hit by a wind driven shopping cart. 2 nasty dents in door. **** shame.

·
Registered
635 Posts
MM

PS...........my wife's friend's 2010 Nox just got hit by a wind driven shopping cart. 2 nasty dents in door. ;D

I also consider wind direction when selecting a parking spot. After surmizing direction i plot all visible loose carts and calculate trajectory. If a curbed intermediary island is available i will park on lee side. I also check for adjacent bus stops which acumulate shopping carts. Note to self:carry some grass in my pocket for tossing up to get wind direction! ::)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL..............You are too much! I thought I was bad cause I moved from a parking space when I noticed a "Large " person pull in next to me and assumed a door ding coming . Love the grass trick! I used to use my US flag on the antenna. Glad to know I'm not the only "scientific" parker out there. :D

Shame we gotta worry about so many inconsiderate people. I had a fit the other day when a BMW in front of me threw his cig butt out the window at 45 MPH, only to have it lodge in my grill! My arms waving and horn ( no, not the middle digit, I try not to be that crude) communicated my displeasure. He sped up and turned off, without signaling, of course. :eek: Life in NY.......

MM

·
Registered
635 Posts
Motorman, have you voted on the where do you park poll?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just did! THX.

"odd/large spots" are what I guess I look for. Never far away. Always rushing these days :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts