GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the situation:

I'm loving the bluetooth feature, and it works just awesome! Small little inconvenience is that the prompts are always in french! I live in Montreal, and I have the car setup in enligsh metrics ( Still would love to get that tire pressure in PSi instead of kPA GM ty :) ). The car stereo system is all setup in english.

I have the basic radio since I had no need or desire to purchase the NAV system. I read the manual back and forth in the bluetooth section and I can't find anywhere on how to change the prompt language when I press the call feature on the steering wheel!

It won't even recognized English short command like Voice while it's in french and it's driving absolutely insane!

I need help!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Did you try the DIC settings. You can switch to imperial or metric and also switch languages. I don't know if that applies to radio and Bluetooth settings as well.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DiC is metric and english. Metric = kpa, km/h. Imperial is psi, mp/h. The whole car is showing english except the bluetooth prompts. I learned her talked on my way to work this evening. She told me the prompts to say in french. I've tested it and it workes fine. It just sounds so wierd and rather annoying for me as I'm used to say it in english all the time. I'll drop gm an email to see if I dumb or just can't read at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree with SnowItch, I had completely forgotten about that little button. I'm going to try it tomorrow morning.

Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts