GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in response to someone but wanted to share it here. If you do not have a back up camera or bluetooth or want to add the ability to stream stereo from your phone to the radio this is what I found it is an amazing item IMHO.

I bought this for my wife this Christmas because she was upset my Terrain had a backup camera and she has backed into 2 cars with her G6 convertable. It is too neat works perfect and streams stereo from her Android phone to the radio too. The only down side is it has to be recharged from time to time but she plugs it in when she gets home from work. Wireless camera adds that to a low level Nox or it can be used for all the other functions with out it. It takes 5sec to install or remove from the car. I am seriously impressed by it. Look at the things it can do. It even has an earpiece built into it if you want to use it or the mirror speaker or the radio.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180769712987

Bluetooth Rearview Mirror 3.5" Display Wireless Camera

Description

This car kit is a rear view mirror integrated with 3.5” Screen and backup rearview wireless camera kit, Wireless Hands-free Bluetooth, MP3 player functions, Radio transmitter, Phonebook and Call display. It supports SD/MMC memory card up to 32GB, USB Memory sticks, MP3 or other audio or storage devices. There is a built-in FM radio transmitter for accepting calls thru car speakers and also can be used with built-in mirror speakers in case car radio is occupied by any other media. Mirror includes wireless rechargeable ear peace for private calls and hands-free solution. Mirror equipped with advanced microphone with full duplex, noise reduction, and echo suppression. This mirror kit supports A2DP protocol for ability to play MP3s and other media from your mobile device or smartphone. It will wirelessly stream media from mobile phone in to car speakers if mobile devise supports it. A2DP supports full media control directly from mirror face plate.

Easy to install takes seconds; just clamp over original car mirror (no tools required). To install backup camera just trace the wires to backup tail light socket. Then clamp the wires to taillight socket or attach wires with scotch locks. Mirror kit includes car 12V DC to USB Charger and charging cable.

Features:
Bluetooth V2.0 and A2DP, range 0-10m.
Super Ultrathin Shell, only 17.5mm.
Answer/refuse/redial/voice dial, dial the last number.
Compatible with most of Bluetooth mobile phones and applicable to GSM/CDMA/TDMA/WCDMA.
Built-in Speaker and microphone.
FM headset for privacy.
Phone book supports 600 name cards.
Built-in MP3 player, support MP3 format, SD/MMC/USB port
Built-in FM transmitter, enjoy music or call from car audio.
LCD screen display Caller ID and English name.
Adopt CVC filtrate the Noise and suppress Echo for high quality voice talking.
TFT monitor shows vivid camera photos with full color, the visual angle of camera is 150°?
Direction of obstacles are showed on the LCD(left)/ (right)
Camera is shockproof, waterproof, night vision.
The visual distance for the best vivid image should be in 5 meters.
Wireless camera and easy to install.
Built-in rechargeable li-thium battery to provide over 180 hours stand by time

Parameter specifications:
Voltage:12~24V
Operating current:25mA
Connection distance:0-10m
Bluetooth program: BC5
FM emissive frequency: 88.1~107.9MHz
MIC sensitivity: -49dB
Continuous working hours: up to 66hours

Package Contents:
Car Mirror Bluetooth + Wireless Earpiece
Car Lighter Charger
Wireless Camera Kit with 3M tape and Screws
User Manual - English
Retail Packaging

·
Registered
249 Posts
Re: Bluetooth & wireless Back up camera add

Does it come on automatically when you put the vehicle in reverse? Is it easy to install over a "thicker" OnStar rearview mirror? How oten do you have to charge it; maybe you could run power from the overhead of the cabin. Is the miror also auto-dimming at night? Where in the rear did yo install the camera, and did you have to drill? I guess all the audio straming to the vehicle is done via the FM transmitter.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Bluetooth & wireless Back up camera add

CFRTim said:
Does it come on automatically when you put the vehicle in reverse?
Yes[/color]
Is it easy to install over a "thicker" OnStar rearview mirror?
The spring loaded clips looked like it would but I will try it in my car when the wife gets home[/color]
How oten do you have to charge it; maybe you could run power from the overhead of the cabin.
I thought about this but where the plug goes in on the lower left side it would look funky. It say 66hrs of operation and 180 standby but she has not used it long enough to find out for sure I know she left it on (it has and on off switch) and it went dead in 2 days but it may not have been charged fully[/color]
Is the miror also auto-dimming at night?
Actually not but the mirror IS darker than a regular mirror like my wife has and works fine at night. If you want auto dimmer with camera fork out another $300 and you can get it....without bluetooth[/color]
Where in the rear did yo install the camera, and did you have to drill?
I took one screw off of the licence plate light used the sticky tape and screwed it in no drilling for me but it comes with 2 small screws. Drilling would not be visable if done right just two very small holes[/color]
I guess all the audio streaming to the vehicle is done via the FM transmitter.
Yes and a weak/blank station is needed but is sounds good has a strong signal and a volume control on the mirror too[/color]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts