GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to add a handsfree device to my 06 Equinox. Does anyone have any suggestions. I know the phone feature is there in the mirror if I have onstar and I did not know if there was some way to tap into that. Any suggestions or input would be great.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
830 Posts
I don't think you can une the OnStar phone kit with some bluetooth options...

You can go with something like the BlueAnt S4.

http://www.myblueant.com/products/speakerphones/s4/index.php

perfectangel said:
I am looking to add a handsfree device to my 06 Equinox. Does anyone have any suggestions. I know the phone feature is there in the mirror if I have onstar and I did not know if there was some way to tap into that. Any suggestions or input would be great.
Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
You can use your cell with Onstar but it is costly.

In the past,if you were a Verizon customer, you could pay $10 for a line and it would tap into your plan. That is gone.

Now, you can forward your cell to your Onstar number. When someone calls the cell it willring through to the truck. However, you need to buy Onstar minutes which aren't as cheap as say a cell plan.

I would suggest getting a Parrot system. They are the best units out there.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Parrots are really nice except that they are not cheap...

You must purchase a wiring kit to hook it up to your stereo. I've done it in my Maxima. Wiring kit : 150$ + Parrot kit...

I prefer visor style bluetooth like the BlueAnt S4. They work like a charm and they are very cheap. (75$)

NY_Joe said:
You can use your cell with Onstar but it is costly.

In the past,if you were a Verizon customer, you could pay $10 for a line and it would tap into your plan. That is gone.

Now, you can forward your cell to your Onstar number. When someone calls the cell it willring through to the truck. However, you need to buy Onstar minutes which aren't as cheap as say a cell plan.

I would suggest getting a Parrot system. They are the best units out there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts