As requested, here's instructions on how to stream music through the Infotainment system using a Bluetooth device. As I mentioned before, your Equinox/Terrain needs the Vehicle Interface Package and your device needs to conform to A2DP standards for streaming.
1. Press AUX on the radio (or connect an iPod device to the USB port to put the radio into AUX mode).
2. Press MENU/SEL on the radio and you should see the BLUETOOTH MUSIC SETUP MENU (first picture).
3. Scroll down and select CONNECT TO NEW DEVICE.
4. You will then be asked if you are trying to connect to a mobile phone with audio streaming. Select Yes (second picture). (If you select No, you will be given additional options for devices to connect, such as a Bluetooth Media Player.)
5. Set your phone to search for Bluetooth devices. It should find GMusicConnect (third picture). Select it on your phone, then select OK on the radio.
6. Enter the PIN given by the radio into your phone (fourth picture).
7. Once connected, start the media player on your phone.
8. You should hear the media being played through the radio.
Let me know if this works for you. I have a 2010 Equinox with the standard radio (no nav), and I'm assuming the 2011 Equinox/Terrain will be similar.