GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed in the setup menu of the radio of the Terrain that we can pair a bluetooth phone but there is another option that is PAIR BLUETOOTH GPS... I have a Garmin 1490T that is bluetooth compatible but i am unable to pair them together. Anyone successfully paired a gps with the radio bluetooth ? If yes what is the brand of the gps ? Thank you.[/color]

·
Registered
446 Posts
I believe the intent of pairing BlueTooth enabled GPS is for voice directions from the GPS unit. Does your GPS have voice?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You mean voice command ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Where the GPS gives you directions to your destination. If it comes through Bluetooth, the radio will know to go quiet and allow the GPS to give it's commands via the car's speakers.

Of course not all BlueTooth devices are made the same, so there's no guarantee it will work anyway. I've had a phone before that worked fine with a BlueTooth headset, but failed in all the cars I tried it in.

I found something funny a few days ago, my daughter was playing with my iPhone, using the voice recording app that's built into it. When she played her recording back, it came through the bluetooth and over the stereo speakers. Didn't expect that. Made the rest of the trip a lot of fun for her, not so much for her parents... ;)

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it speaks. But can't pair it.. :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
I also tried to pair my GPS. No Luck. The Terrain assumes that it is in control and generates a code. The GPS also generates a code. Neither device has a place to ENTER the other's code so they won't pair.

If Garmin made one that supported the Terrain I'd upgrade. Anybody have it working?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If someone have a Mio, Nexstar, Magellan or TomTom GPS, or anything else, can you please try to pair it on the Nox/Terrain audio system ? Thank you :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think you'll find (and I'm about 99% on this) that the feature you guys are talking about is to pair a device TO the GPS receiver in the VCIM (OnStar Module). IE a laptop with bluetooth to use for navagation, Its been awhile but I believe this is the case.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will try my bluetooth laptop to see if it would pair and use the car gps to navigate as i have Streets and Trips 2010 on it.

Will follow up soon.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I successfully paired my laptop to the bluetooth but it was paired as a hands-free... no other options. Except that in the car's menus it was under the GPS profile.... It could have been very nice to make use of the gps... Or simply got our gps info spoken by the radio via bluetooth.

Maybe in another life :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
You didnt see a com port in the options? Thats how it used to be anyhow... I'll try it today again now i'm curious LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts