GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to do a phonebook on a 2011 Terrain without Nav?
My dealer is trying to help me out. I have a Droid X (Gingerbread 2.3) and although it asked permission to transfer my book,it hasn't done it. But, of more concern is not being able to manually enter the names and numbers.
I'm hoping he finds a solution, but thought I would ask the members. I only really need/want about 35 names and I had to do them manually on the traded car. It did have Nav and it was very easy to do. I'm not sure if I'll keep On-Star, a bit expensive.
BTW, I have a silver SLT2, 4 banger, fwd and it's doing fine on gas. I've only had it a month, first fill was 21.6 mpg on the digital and manually figuring it was 21.9 mpg. Mostly stop and go. Other than this problem I love the vehicle! I came from a long line of Toyota ownership (Still have a 2010 Prius). I hope I haven't made a bad move !!!!
Fred

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a Droid X when I first got my Equinox and had nothing but problems with the bluetooth too. To my knowledge, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when the phone is connected via bluetooth you aren't storing the numbers in your car, the car is accessing the phonebook from your phone. You can, however, do this:

1. Hit the OnStar button and when it says "OnStar Ready"
2. Say "store"
3. Follow the instructions from the OnStar voice and you can store numbers from OnStar and when your bluetooth is connected you will be able to voice dial using your phone's minutes

I did read that in 2012 GM is advancing their intellilink system to include being able to navigate through android, iOS and blackberry on the car's nav screen to be able to use apps, however, I don't think you'll be playing Angry Birds while driving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
According to what I read in the Owners Manual the vehicle can store 30 numbers that can be used by either your Bluetooth paired cell phone or Onstar. My LTZ doesn't have Nav so I have to store numbers via voice commend. The instructions are in section 7-51 of my Owners Manual.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That's correct, however, the numbers are stored using OnStar, not in the radio. Follow the above directions to store the numbers.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your other option, which may take a few seconds longer per call, would be to use the integrated voice dialing ( I found out by asking here ).

When you hit the button to start a call say "bluetooth" then when it says "bluetooth ready" you say "voice" and it says "voice using <paired name>" then you should here the "Speak now" prompt from your phone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I know this will sound weird! Yesterday I called using the ON STAR button, answered by a very nice lady, Sharon, told her my dilemma and she transferred me to Customer Service. I spoke with Phillip and he did a superb job of trying to help me. He explained the controls better and so I was more comfortable with the system. He also gave me a number to call if I had more questions. He was excellent.
So, this morning I entered my home number as explained and then went to see if it took in the phonebook in the BT screen. I couldn't believe my eyes! When I pushed the dash icon, my paired phone came up, as before, and when I pushed a second time, it had my whole phonebook listed ( 86 numbers) and I don't have a clue how it happened. I doubt that's a permanent list, but at least it's there when I need it. Obviously, I have to have the phone with me.
Prior to this, the BT screen just had the row of numbers and the other icons going across the screen and the phonebook was empty. Anyone ave this happen?
Fred

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
fredsterrain said:
OK, I know this will sound weird! Yesterday I called using the ON STAR button, answered by a very nice lady, Sharon, told her my dilemma and she transferred me to Customer Service. I spoke with Phillip and he did a superb job of trying to help me. He explained the controls better and so I was more comfortable with the system. He also gave me a number to call if I had more questions. He was excellent.
So, this morning I entered my home number as explained and then went to see if it took in the phonebook in the BT screen. I couldn't believe my eyes! When I pushed the dash icon, my paired phone came up, as before, and when I pushed a second time, it had my whole phonebook listed ( 86 numbers) and I don't have a clue how it happened. I doubt that's a permanent list, but at least it's there when I need it. Obviously, I have to have the phone with me.
Prior to this, the BT screen just had the row of numbers and the other icons going across the screen and the phonebook was empty. Anyone ave this happen?
Fred
Fred,

I am glad to see that your issue has been resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me directly. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts