GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE-2 with the ColorTouch radio (not intellilink). I've paired it with my phone for calls, but can't seem to get it to dial by contact rather than with a phone number. When pairing, my phone asked me to allow the radio to access contacts, which I click "yes" to, but still no dice. Since you can't dial numbers while moving, I can't really make any calls while driving.

Someone please tell me I'm just missing something stupid...

·
Registered
270 Posts
through voice command you can dial by speaking the numbers. also, did you check to make sure the contact list is viewable on the mylink screen, verifying the link was made???? make sure droid is up to date, assuming your running droid.

-john

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know that on iPhone you have to turn "Sync Contacts" on. Even though you select yes, if your phone is not configured to allow contacts to sync then it will not do so.

For iPhone go to: Setting>Bluetooth. Under Devices select the blue "i" icon for your car's radio system. Here you can turn Sync Contacts on.

If you have a different device platform (Windows, Android, etc.) I would suggest googling how to turn that setting on.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
JayDotEllOh said:
I just bought a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE-2 with the ColorTouch radio (not intellilink). I've paired it with my phone for calls, but can't seem to get it to dial by contact rather than with a phone number. When pairing, my phone asked me to allow the radio to access contacts, which I click "yes" to, but still no dice. Since you can't dial numbers while moving, I can't really make any calls while driving.

Someone please tell me I'm just missing something stupid...
Hi JayDotEllOh,

If you still have trouble dialing by phone after doing some of the things mentioned above, you may try reaching out to the Infotainment Customer Support team. They can be reached by phone at 855-428-3669 and should be able to assist by providing a few tips. Please send us your VIN if we can look further into this for you as well.

Best,
Amber N.
GM Customer Care

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm guessing the issue is I don't have the intellilink system (even though I was told it had it by the dealer). Anyways, I've found a work around by using the terrains Bluetooth voice command function. This activates Google now on my phone which allows for tons of voice commands.

I'm actually really glad I found this since I can now tell my phone to play music (through the aux port) and change tracks using voice commands.

·
Registered
126 Posts
What is the work around that you found. I have a SGS4 and since I updated to 4.4.2 I have lost the ability to download my phone to my terrain, my phone still connects and I can answer calls but I cannot say the name anymore and make a call. This actually pissed me off quite a bit as one of the reasons for buying the car was for the bluetooth phone capability.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not sure about the S4, but on the terrain, if you hit the Bluetooth button on the wheel and say "Bluetooth" then say "voice" and it will activate touchless controls on my phone. I can then say "call xxx..."

I think the S4 has its own brand of voice control that should be able to do something similar.

·
Registered
10,031 Posts
JayDotEllOh said:
Not sure about the S4, but on the terrain, if you hit the Bluetooth button on the wheel and say "Bluetooth" then say "voice" and it will activate touchless controls on my phone. I can then say "call xxx..."

I think the S4 has its own brand of voice control that should be able to do something similar.
My '10 will also do that. Pretty handy.

·
Registered
270 Posts
interesting, i have 4.4.2 and have no problems with voice dialing through contacts list. on the other hand, ive added a few new numbers but the car will not update to current list. any help with updating the list... i tried deleting the phone from my link, and reconnecting the phone, but the list wont update on the car.

-john

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
majicb said:
What is the work around that you found. I have a SGS4 and since I updated to 4.4.2 I have lost the ability to download my phone to my terrain, my phone still connects and I can answer calls but I cannot say the name anymore and make a call. This actually pissed me off quite a bit as one of the reasons for buying the car was for the bluetooth phone capability.
Hi majicb! We understand you've been unable to download or pair your device to your vehicle and recognize this has been very upsetting. If you could provide us with the last 8 of your VIN we can try to get a few more answers for you.

JayDotEllOh said:

Glad you were able to work through this and come up with a solution, JayDotEllOh. If you happen to have questions in the future, we'll do our best to assist.

Amber N.
GM Customer Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts