GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i placed a post on the general forum, but as a newbie, this one is probably the more appropriate place.

New owner and really enjoying my new Terrain - expect for the fact that I cannot figure out how to get it to pair with my Verizon LG VX8360. I know the phone is finding the vehicle when it is in search mode (My Vehicle shows up in the list of devices on the phone), but when I select it to pair, i never get the screen to enter the code from the Terrain to finish pairing. The bluetooth symbol just keeps flashing blue/gray and then just stops.

Has anyone had any experience like this or able to provide advice to help me figure out what to do?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Are you able to pair with any other phone?

·
Registered
89 Posts
I remember that I had problems until I figured out that I had to scroll down on my radio/Nav screen to get to another line to select to get the two to pair.

·
Registered
978 Posts
On the phone itself is...

"bluetooth power / on" ?

Depending on the phone that option is found in a menu similar to:
Settings / tools
Connections
Bluetooth
Handsfree

I had a similar issue because my phone would keep "turning off" bluetooth power

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paired a blackberry 9360 successfully, so i know it can work from the terrain side. must be the lg phone.

i also confirmed that the bluetooth power was one - doing that enabled the search on the phone to find the My Vehicle device. it just doesn't want to complete the pairing by having the phone give me an option to enter the code the terrain gives me.

will reset the phone and see if that helps - but any other thoughts are greatly appreciated! (as are those offered so far)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was able to pair my LG AX8575 without any issues at all.

·
Registered
297 Posts
My VX9200 paired without any issues. In fact, the salesman sat in the car with me and showed me how to do it the day I picked it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts