GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - had my '11 SLE-2 olympic White for 1 week now. Enjoying the ride so far. Noticed a feature to sync with a bluetooth nav under the pairing menu. Does someone know what this results in? My garmin is not BT so I can not try it. Does the NAV scren on the DIC integrate with it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
239 Posts
My understanding is that it allows an aftermarket/portable nav-unit (with bluetooth) to mute your music and play it's audio prompts through the vehicles speakers. I have never tried it(don't have a nav unit right now as my last portable unit was stolen from my last vehicle and I never botherd to replace it) but I've never heard before now about the feature not working.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
GMCdriver said:
My understanding is that it allows an aftermarket/portable nav-unit (with bluetooth) to mute your music and play it's audio prompts through the vehicles speakers. I have never tried it(don't have a nav unit right now as my last portable unit was stolen from my last vehicle and I never botherd to replace it) but I've never heard before now about the feature not working.
Yes, seems to work over here John223.[/color]

·
Registered
141 Posts
If you're playing music through your iPhone via the USB plug, it will mute for instructions if you have the Tom-Tom app running. Just found that out the other day :)

Might work with other nav apps too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Follow up question.... can the Terrain's handle 2 BT synced devices at once (cell phone and Nav)?

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
cryetter said:
Follow up question.... can the Terrain's handle 2 BT synced devices at once (cell phone and Nav)?
It can handle multiple BT cell phones, but the non-Nav cannot handle any BT GPSs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts