GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums and see this is an issue with iPhone 4. However, wondering if anyone has found an update on Android.

I have, 2012 Terrain SLE-2 and HTC Sensation Android Phone.

One of the big things I hoped to of had was hands free calling via bluetooth with my Android Phone. However, it seems to work inconsistently. If I try and place a call using my phone via bluetooth, the call maybe connected for a minute until it disconnects bluetooth and says, "unable to place call with your bluetooth phone" However, if I get an incoming call, I have noticed it hasn't dropped and I'm able to have a conversation.

I also don't see how you can use voice recognition via my address book in my phone. Or see my address book displayed for hands free calling.

I have seen this to be an issue with iPhone going back to 2011. It seems the flaw would of been identified and fixed for all smart phone operating systems for 2012? Has anyone seen solutions for better bluetooth connectivity on Android

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have an iPhone and 2011 Nox, and BT disconnection has never been an issue for me. Neither was my Android phone before.
In regards to the phone book, you'll have to make your own with the vehicle, can't use the one from your phone, with the push of a button on the steering wheel. However, I can access my phone book via SIRI using voice control on the iPhone 4S

·
Registered
241 Posts
I had issues with my Droid X until I did the following.

-Turn Key to On
-Turn Radio on
-Press button on steering wheel and say Pair
-Pair the phone
-press button on steering wheel
-Say Bluetooth
-Say Voice
-Say Call 12345
-Wait a couple seconds
-Press the cancel button on the steering wheel
-Turn Key off, turn radio off
-Turn key on, turn radio on
-Phone should pair on its own
-You should get a notification on your phone asking to pair the phone book (on the droid it is at the top of the screen and you have to swipe it down)
-Click always allow access, click OK, (Droid you do this twice for some reason)
-Turn off key and radio

After that, my phone always connects and never drops and the phone book and call lists has always synced up with my car with no issues.

Hope it helps.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Keep in mind that as far as I know, you cannot voice call your phone book on the phone. THat is one of the features coming out next month with the Intellilink radio. Right now for voice calling you have to program the individual phone numbers in the radio. I think you can do 30 max.

WHen sinking the phone book to the radio it will allow you to manually scroll through them all, but you cannot voice dial it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
JediSkipdogg said:
Keep in mind that as far as I know, you cannot voice call your phone book on the phone. THat is one of the features coming out next month with the Intellilink radio. Right now for voice calling you have to program the individual phone numbers in the radio. I think you can do 30 max.

WHen sinking the phone book to the radio it will allow you to manually scroll through them all, but you cannot voice dial it.
If I say, "Bluetooth" and then "Voice", I can voice dial my phonebook but it is happening on the phone and not in the radio.

·
Registered
472 Posts
wkeatonjr said:

-Turn Key to On
-Turn Radio on
-Pair the phone
-Say Bluetooth
-Say Voice
-Say Call 12345
-Wait a couple seconds
-You should get a notification on your phone asking to pair the phone book (on the droid it is at the top of the screen and you have to swipe it down)
-Turn off key and radio

After that, my phone always connects and never drops and the phone book and call lists has always synced up with my car with no issues.

Hope it helps.
make sure you click "always allow" on the phone :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sometimes I trouble with my Kin2m(only Verizon phone that I'm aware of that lets you use wifi without a data plan) connecting to my Terrain...removing the battery and restarting my phone has always fixed this

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Douger963 said:
I've searched the forums and see this is an issue with iPhone 4. However, wondering if anyone has found an update on Android.

I have, 2012 Terrain SLE-2 and HTC Sensation Android Phone.

One of the big things I hoped to of had was hands free calling via bluetooth with my Android Phone. However, it seems to work inconsistently. If I try and place a call using my phone via bluetooth, the call maybe connected for a minute until it disconnects bluetooth and says, "unable to place call with your bluetooth phone" However, if I get an incoming call, I have noticed it hasn't dropped and I'm able to have a conversation.

I also don't see how you can use voice recognition via my address book in my phone. Or see my address book displayed for hands free calling.

I have seen this to be an issue with iPhone going back to 2011. It seems the flaw would of been identified and fixed for all smart phone operating systems for 2012? Has anyone seen solutions for better bluetooth connectivity on Android
It looks as if you have gotten some good advice on the thread so far. If you are still experiencing a concern, please feel free to contact me for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had my 2012 SLE-1 for a week and have also had the problem with intermittent connection with my HTC Incredible. Very frustrating since I work out of my car. I've read this thread and others and this is the first mention I've seem of the fix outlined by wkeatonjr. However, I wanted to ask for clarification. Is this process intended to fix the issue of connection problems or the other problem of the address book mentioned in the original post?

I haven't tried this yet, but I am wondering also how I can call using Bluetooth if I'm not connected. Wouldn't it want me to dial using On-star?

BTW, just came in from trying the steps. No go. Bluetooth still kicks in and out on a regular basis. :(

·
Registered
241 Posts
libs2 said:
I've had my 2012 SLE-1 for a week and have also had the problem with intermittent connection with my HTC Incredible. Very frustrating since I work out of my car. I've read this thread and others and this is the first mention I've seem of the fix outlined by wkeatonjr. However, I wanted to ask for clarification. Is this process intended to fix the issue of connection problems or the other problem of the address book mentioned in the original post?

I haven't tried this yet, but I am wondering also how I can call using Bluetooth if I'm not connected. Wouldn't it want me to dial using On-star?

BTW, just came in from trying the steps. No go. Bluetooth still kicks in and out on a regular basis. :(
For me, it fixed both but I was able stay connected long enough to make the call to 12345. Is your android rooted by chance? There is a file you can rename that forces the Bluetooth stack to reinitalize itself. I need to look it up again though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
For rooted users:

go to /system/app/bluetoothpbap.apk and rename to bluetoothpbap.apk.bak. reboot your phone and pair again with your car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
wkeatonjr said:
Is your android rooted by chance?
I'm tech-savvy enough to live in the 21st Century, but rooting my phone just to fix this issue seems to be opening up a Pandora's Box of potential other issues in my otherwise non-techie hands.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
libs2 said:

Has your concern been resolved? Have you tried contacting your local dealer for more assistance? Please feel free to keep me posted and contact me if you need any further assistance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
Has your concern been resolved? Have you tried contacting your local dealer for more assistance?
My issue hasn't been resolved. I left a message for my salesperson yesterday, but haven't heard from her yet.

·
Registered
241 Posts
libs2 said:
I'm tech-savvy enough to live in the 21st Century, but rooting my phone just to fix this issue seems to be opening up a Pandora's Box of potential other issues in my otherwise non-techie hands.
I tend to agree but thought I would offer up another solution. I know how frustrating the bluetooth problem can be.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Chevrolet Customer Svc said:
If you are still experiencing a concern, please feel free to contact me for more assistance. Thank you.

Spoke to my dealership and they tell me they know of no fix for the problem, though they are aware of Service Bulletin #PIC5504A. So, I have just sent you an inbox message asking for your assistance resolving this issue, Tricia.

:banghead:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Terrain and was using Bluetooth with my Blackberry Curve and it worked perfectly. My company had everyone upgrade their phones to Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE running Android. Trying to get the HTC phone to pair was a nightmare. It acted like it was paring at first, and would come on after about a minute or so but then it would disconnect. This went on and on, Sprint gave me a new HTC phone and it acted the same way. I asked my GM dealer and they said there is a "problem" with the Terrian's Bluetooth system working with newer smart phones and they are "working on it". Does anyone know if there has been any progress on GM coming up with a fix for this? This is really annoying because my coworker who drives a Jeep Cherokee is having zero problems using the same HTC phone. Apparently Jeep has figured this out already, just wondering when GM will get this fixed? I really depend on the hands free operation for my job. Please help...

Thank You,

David Moore

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Re: Bluetooth disconnects with Android

wkeatonjr said:

-Turn Key to On
-Turn Radio on
-Pair the phone
-Say Bluetooth
-Say Voice
-Say Call 12345
-Wait a couple seconds
-Turn off key and radio

Hope it helps.
Thanks for this tip...gonna try it

1 - 20 of 20 Posts