GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Terrain Denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to connect my cell just for streaming music. As I don't want incoming calls popping up in the car as it's obnoxious.I looked through the menu's and did not notice anyway to disable it like my other car. Is this possible? Or is it impossible to use the phone only as a music device?

·
Registered
2019 Terrain Denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put your smart phone on flight mode or disable the mobile data only.
Doesn't flightmode take it off the network? I need to be able to stream from it. So I am going to guess it's all or nothing with the system?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Doesn't flightmode take it off the network? I need to be able to stream from it. So I am going to guess it's all or nothing with the system?
Flight mode will disable both mobile network and wifi. If you only disable the mobile network, text and voice call will cease to function but wifi connection still alive.

·
Registered
2019 Terrain Denali
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I need to be able to receive texts and calls but I don't want it going through the car itself. Just the music.

·
Registered
511 Posts
You should be able to go into the Bluetooth settings on the phone itself and turn off phone calls from the car's profile. For example, I can go to the Equinox profile on my Android, and turn off phone calls but leave media audio enabled.

·
Registered
101 Posts
OP wants to stream music via BT but phone calls and messages won't notify via the sound system.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Right. So enabling only media, but disabling phone, contacts, and text messages from the Bluetooth profile for the vehicle in the phone settings should accomplish that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Right. So enabling only media, but disabling phone, contacts, and text messages from the Bluetooth profile for the vehicle in the phone settings should accomplish that.
Gotcha. OP said he could do it on his previous vehicle but Nox & Terrain don't have such features on their sound system.
Yes, you can disable phone calls and messages from streaming at source. 👍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts