GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
My point is that its on the on* module but not activated for models that doesnt take the bluetooth option.
I don't see how that can be the case. I have a Traverse that doesn't have bluetooth, and the only solution to get that without looking like an addon is to replace the On* module with Bluestar.

Why would the bluetooth need to be a part of the On* module? The phonebook could be just part of the radio as well, with a connection to the On* module if that's the chosen method.

·
Registered
830 Posts
That way it would much too complicated to make the on* module compatible with the bluetooth of all the different car radio... it's easier to just make an audio link between the two than making a complete integration.

Superboy95 said:
I don't see how that can be the case. I have a Traverse that doesn't have bluetooth, and the only solution to get that without looking like an addon is to replace the On* module with Bluestar.

Why would the bluetooth need to be a part of the On* module? The phonebook could be just part of the radio as well, with a connection to the On* module if that's the chosen method.

·
Registered
91 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
That way it would much too complicated to make the on* module compatible with the bluetooth of all the different car radio... it's easier to just make an audio link between the two than making a complete integration.
So if I disconnect my On* module from the car, my bluetooth wouldn't work anymore, right?

·
Registered
830 Posts
yes that's what i think.

since it also using the same mic.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Superboy95 said:
Ummm... That was my point. The post I quoted asked why TTS aand FB were more important, and I was saying that it was because BT has nothing to do with On*, therefore GM can't make any additional $$ by giving us the feature, but if they add features to On*, maybe more people will pay for the service.
Ok. Now I got you. I'd be happy if I could get music to stream to my radio like a few of the other people on here. There's a thread about it on here.

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
yes that's what i think.

since it also using the same mic.
I just purchased a 2011 Traverse without the Bluetooth and from everything I am reading I am starting to get a sense that all I need to do to activate bluetooth is to plug in the OEM bluetooth antenna into the VCIM and I will have factory optioned bluetooth. Unfortunately I have yet to read anything that will confirm this and my dealer is as clueless about this as I am ... any thoughts?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Leonel said:
I just purchased a 2011 Traverse without the Bluetooth and from everything I am reading I am starting to get a sense that all I need to do to activate bluetooth is to plug in the OEM bluetooth antenna into the VCIM and I will have factory optioned bluetooth. Unfortunately I have yet to read anything that will confirm this and my dealer is as clueless about this as I am ... any thoughts?
Have you tried asking those at www.traverseforum.com? I know rbarrios is a member there and here. Maybe he can help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I bought a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS about a month ago. I was playing around in the menu on the radio and found the Bluetooth menu for pairing a GPS device. I clicked on that and it came up with GMusicConnect and now I'm able to stream music and any navigation information from my Droid to the Camaro.

Fast forward, I bought my wife a 2011 GMC Terrain about 2 weeks ago with the Pioneer system and no NAV. I got into the same menu, actually the menus look the same, and select Bluetooth and then pair a GPS device and it doesn't work.

I don't know if I'm not doing the same procedure as I did in my Camaro or what, but I can't get it to work on the Terrain. I've spent about 2 hours trying to get it to work. It is getting rather frustrating!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Gene Culley said:
So I bought a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS about a month ago. I was playing around in the menu on the radio and found the Bluetooth menu for pairing a GPS device. I clicked on that and it came up with GMusicConnect and now I'm able to stream music and any navigation information from my Droid to the Camaro.

Fast forward, I bought my wife a 2011 GMC Terrain about 2 weeks ago with the Pioneer system and no NAV. I got into the same menu, actually the menus look the same, and select Bluetooth and then pair a GPS device and it doesn't work.

I don't know if I'm not doing the same procedure as I did in my Camaro or what, but I can't get it to work on the Terrain. I've spent about 2 hours trying to get it to work. It is getting rather frustrating!
Others have tried this as well. Apparently that feature is disabled on the Equinox and Terrain.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Black Granite LTZ said:
Others have tried this as well. Apparently that feature is disabled on the Equinox and Terrain.
Mine works, just like in the Camaro (see my pics earlier in this thread). My Equinox is a 2010 early build, so either the feature wasn't deleted yet, or the same radio was shared with the Camaro during the early Equinox production runs. I have no explanation as to why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the terrain 2016 and I have the same problem, works fine with my phone but can't use the apps without plugging in which is a no for me because my iPhone has a qi wireless charging case, can I buy a USB bluetooth and connect to the cars USB port?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2012 Nox with navigation will try later today with the USB to see if it works. I would really prefer to connect to Bluetooth rather than using an aux cord.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts