GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Nice Walkthrough. I have an Iphone 4 and I really hope this works. That way I can get rid of the cable and keep my phone on my hip.

·
Registered
748 Posts
^ Wow...with that last post I have officially made FULL MEMBER!!! YAY!!!

·
Registered
748 Posts
equinox2 said:
This is where I get stuck - when in AUX screen pressing the Menu/Sel button does not do anything. When I'm in USB mode with a USB drive connected and music playing, pressing on Menu/Sel brings up menu to search music on the USB drive. I never get menu for bluetooth.
Same here...Where are the GM reps? Maybe they can dig up some info; maybe a mid-year switch?

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 2011 MY build date is September 2010 and the radio code on the sicker in the glove box says UYE, theres no UYZ on my sticker.

The radio wont display BlueTooth Audio menu's.

A firmware upgrade to get these feature would be nice.

I can confirm its NOT an iPhone issue because I too have wirelessly streamed music with my iPhone4 to a Ford vehicle with newer generation SYNC.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Well I appreciate you clearing that up for me. Now i can stop looking for A2DP settings. :) A firmware update should be in order, and it's not that hard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
so if I am understanding this correctly:

- some (one???) people with the UYZ radio have bluetooth audio A2DP
- UYZ radios only came with the rear seat entertainment package
- if I have a UYE radio there is nothing I can do but hope they come out with a firmware update

Is this correct?

·
Registered
748 Posts
ajbowman said:
so if I am understanding this correctly:

- some (one???) people with the UYZ radio have bluetooth audio A2DP
- UYZ radios only came with the rear seat entertainment package
- if I have a UYE radio there is nothing I can do but hope they come out with a firmware update

Is this correct?
Pretty much sums it up...unfortunately. My question is why haven't the GM reps on here tried to get clarification? We've seen pictures of the radio in action, so we know it's out there. It's a desired feature for people, so why no definite answer? Is this a feature that can be added via firmware? You've got people feeling slighted and that's not right. Especially on such a simple feature.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Has anyone been able to get bluetooth streaming audio to work with a Terrain/'Nox that has NAV?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not sure how much this helps you guys, but I have a 2010 Camaro (with bluetooth option) and I'm able to stream music from my iPhone 4 (and iPhone 3g previously) over bt to my car speakers. So there's absolutely no issues with iPhones and these GM bluetooth radios.

Now which audio options you have obviously has some impact, but having an iPhone doesn't.

BTW Phantm006 - you won't be able to keep your iPhone on your hip easily. Even though you can stream audio over bluetooth, you still have to control the music from the phone itself (no controls on the car radio interface show up during this mode, at least for me)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Experiencing the same problems as most, The Bluetooth set-up from the first step wont come up.

·
Registered
748 Posts
admin said:
Not sure how much this helps you guys, but I have a 2010 Camaro (with bluetooth option) and I'm able to stream music from my iPhone 4 (and iPhone 3g previously) over bt to my car speakers. So there's absolutely no issues with iPhones and these GM bluetooth radios.

Now which audio options you have obviously has some impact, but having an iPhone doesn't.

BTW Phantm006 - you won't be able to keep your iPhone on your hip easily. Even though you can stream audio over bluetooth, you still have to control the music from the phone itself (no controls on the car radio interface show up during this mode, at least for me)
I agree. Its not the phone. But there's got to be a reason ours won't stream and some of the earlier releases will.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Today On* announced Bluetooth Text to Speech conversion and Facebook message conversion is coming for 2010/11 GM models.

I get the text to speech thing thats just plain safety but I don't understand how Facebook messaging is more important and has a higher customer take rate then streaming audio.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sgt1411 said:
Today On* announced Bluetooth Text to Speech conversion and Facebook message conversion is coming for 2010/11 GM models.

I get the text to speech thing thats just plain safety but I don't understand how Facebook messaging is more important and has a higher customer take rate then streaming audio.
Prolly because if they gave us the BT stereo audio they couldn't make us keep On* - you wouldn't need it any more than you do for phone BT audio. Text to speech would likely end up going through their service.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Superboy95 said:
Prolly because if they gave us the BT stereo audio they couldn't make us keep On* - you wouldn't need it any more than you do for phone BT audio. Text to speech would likely end up going through their service.
What does OnStar have to do with streaming audio? I get the text to speech thing, but there are earlier models of Terrain and Equinox that have BT streaming and people still keep OnStar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Phantm006 said:
What does OnStar have to do with streaming audio? I get the text to speech thing, but there are earlier models of Terrain and Equinox that have BT streaming and people still keep OnStar.
Ummm... That was my point. The post I quoted asked why TTS aand FB were more important, and I was saying that it was because BT has nothing to do with On*, therefore GM can't make any additional $$ by giving us the feature, but if they add features to On*, maybe more people will pay for the service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Sorry I thought the On* VCIM was the only vehicle module with a BlueTooth antenna that receives the BlueTooth signal and then pushes that signal through the audio system. Thats why I thought the On* system played a significant role in the streaming BT audio.

I didn't realize the radio itself also had a BT antenna that receives BT audio separately.

Obviously my Terrain/Nox multi media configuration knowledge is nowhere near what it should be.

So I take it the 2nd BT antenna is built into the radio module?......im interested in knowing how they were able to manage the issues surrounding two BT antennas so close together.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sgt1411 said:
Sorry I thought the On* VCIM was the only vehicle module with a BlueTooth antenna that receives the BlueTooth signal and then pushes that signal through the audio system. Thats why I thought the On* system played a significant role in the streaming BT audio.

I didn't realize the radio itself also had a BT antenna that receives BT audio separately.

Obviously my Terrain/Nox multi media configuration knowledge is nowhere near what it should be.

So I take it the 2nd BT antenna is built into the radio module?......im interested in knowing how they were able to manage the issues surrounding two BT antennas so close together.
I don't think the On* VCIM has a bluetooth antenna - why would it need one? Bluetooth is integrated into the radio and steering wheel controls, but it has nothing to do with On*.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think it's the on* module that handle the bluetooth feature. When you record entry to the bluetooth phonebook it can be used with the bluetooth phone or the onstar phone...

·
Registered
91 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
I think it's the on* module that handle the bluetooth feature. When you record entry to the bluetooth phonebook it can be used with the bluetooth phone or the onstar phone...
Regardless, bluetooth is not tied to On* service, hence my point that they won't do much if they can't make money off of it.

·
Registered
830 Posts
My point is that its on the on* module but not activated for models that doesnt take the bluetooth option.

Superboy95 said:
Regardless, bluetooth is not tied to On* service, hence my point that they won't do much if they can't make money off of it.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts