GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there was one feature that depressed me the most was the lack of Bluetooth audio.
Sure, you get handsfree calling. Awesome. But what I really wanted was Bluetooth music. The functionality is clearly there!

The reason I really want this is because I don't use my iPhone just for the music stored on it. I'm a massive fan of Pandora and AOL Radio apps.
Now the simple fix to this is to just use the AUX jack. It's simple enough, I know. But it would've been nice if I could just do it wire-free. Like I said, the functionality is there. :(

Or is it available and I'm just missing it!!!? lol wishful thinking but hey! I could've maybe, hopefully missed it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
I don't think it will work over Bluetooth. I just use the USB cable. Works fine and charges at the same time. I agree Bluetooth audio would be a good feature to have, but considering how fast the battery drains when using something like pandora over the 3G, you almost have to have it plugged into charge. At least for my commutes, the phone would be dead by the time I got to work.

Chad
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
I use pandora all the time with my 3g. Just plug it in. stop the music from playing and then launch pandora. I have a few other apps that work just as well while plugged in/.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Yea, That works for me also, just plug it in, and start up pandora it will play thru the radio!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
This only works with the iPhone. Us Android users would still love to see the Bluetooth Media Audio setup.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
I agree that Bluetooth Audio would have been nice. Even my Ford Escape with Microsoft Sync has it. Before we bought the Terrain I asked the salesman if the Terrain had Bluetooth Audio and he didn't even know what that meant. Once I explained it to him, he got the answer right and said it didn't have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
DavidPJ said:
I agree that Bluetooth Audio would have been nice. Even my Ford Escape with Microsoft Sync has it. Before we bought the Terrain I asked the salesman if the Terrain had Bluetooth Audio and he didn't even know what that meant. Once I explained it to him, he got the answer right and said it didn't have it.
My rule of thumb is when any salesperson does not know what I am talking about after careful explanation, they don't have it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Actually, you do have it. I found that I can stream music from my BlackBerry through the Infotainment system through what's called GMusicConnect. You'll need the Interface Package with the USB port, so here's how to do it:

With an iPod connected, press the MENU/SEL button and select Bluetooth Setup. It will then ask you if you want to connect a device that's capable of Bluetooth streaming. Say yes, and follow the prompts. When set-up, set your phone to play music and it will be heard through the Infotainment system. I would think this would work with any Bluetooth-enable phone.

Features are somewhat limited, however. Song data does not appear in the display, but you can pause or advance to the next song.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
Actually, you do have it. I found that I can stream music from my BlackBerry through the Infotainment system through what's called GMusicConnect. You'll need the Interface Package with the USB port, so here's how to do it:

With an iPod connected, press the MENU/SEL button and select Bluetooth Setup. It will then ask you if you want to connect a device that's capable of Bluetooth streaming. Say yes, and follow the prompts. When set-up, set your phone to play music and it will be heard through the Infotainment system. I would think this would work with any Bluetooth-enable phone.

Features are somewhat limited, however. Song data does not appear in the display, but you can pause or advance to the next song.
Anybody else able to do this? Is this only with the infotainment system? I have the Pioneer package (no Nav), and it doesn't work that way for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
That's the system I have -- Pioneer with no nav. Try pressing AUX first, then MENU/SEL, then go through the menu for conencting a new Bluetooth device.

Let me know if it works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
748 Posts
I've tried it a couple times and can't get it to work. It may not work for iPhones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
That's the system I have -- Pioneer with no nav. Try pressing AUX first, then MENU/SEL, then go through the menu for conencting a new Bluetooth device.

Let me know if it works.
Still no luck - any chance this is a 2011 'Nox? Mine is a 2010, but I have Pioneer with no Nav too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Ok, I'll post step-by-step proceudure this weekend. Note that you need to have the Vehicle Interface Package with the USB port. And I'm assuming the procedure is the same between the 2010-2011 Equinox and Terrain.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
As requested, here's instructions on how to stream music through the Infotainment system using a Bluetooth device. As I mentioned before, your Equinox/Terrain needs the Vehicle Interface Package and your device needs to conform to A2DP standards for streaming.

1. Press AUX on the radio (or connect an iPod device to the USB port to put the radio into AUX mode).
2. Press MENU/SEL on the radio and you should see the BLUETOOTH MUSIC SETUP MENU (first picture).
3. Scroll down and select CONNECT TO NEW DEVICE.
4. You will then be asked if you are trying to connect to a mobile phone with audio streaming. Select Yes (second picture). (If you select No, you will be given additional options for devices to connect, such as a Bluetooth Media Player.)
5. Set your phone to search for Bluetooth devices. It should find GMusicConnect (third picture). Select it on your phone, then select OK on the radio.
6. Enter the PIN given by the radio into your phone (fourth picture).
7. Once connected, start the media player on your phone.
8. You should hear the media being played through the radio.

Let me know if this works for you. I have a 2010 Equinox with the standard radio (no nav), and I'm assuming the 2011 Equinox/Terrain will be similar.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
I have a 2010 Terrain SLT2 without NAV so only the Pioneer Premium sound system....

I don't have these menus and i also don't have the Auto-Time feature that is supposed to be...

I think that GM dropped this one...

They are not all as they should be...

I am wondering if i have the radio i paid for.... I think i'll contact GM to try obtaining an explanation....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
378 Posts
This is where I get stuck - when in AUX screen pressing the Menu/Sel button does not do anything. When I'm in USB mode with a USB drive connected and music playing, pressing on Menu/Sel brings up menu to search music on the USB drive. I never get menu for bluetooth.

nuclear1986 said:
As requested, here's instructions on how to stream music through the Infotainment system using a Bluetooth device. As I mentioned before, your Equinox/Terrain needs the Vehicle Interface Package and your device needs to conform to A2DP standards for streaming.

1. Press AUX on the radio (or connect an iPod device to the USB port to put the radio into AUX mode).
2. Press MENU/SEL on the radio and you should see the BLUETOOTH MUSIC SETUP MENU (first picture).

Let me know if this works for you. I have a 2010 Equinox with the standard radio (no nav), and I'm assuming the 2011 Equinox/Terrain will be similar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Same here...

equinox2 said:
This is where I get stuck - when in AUX screen pressing the Menu/Sel button does not do anything. When I'm in USB mode with a USB drive connected and music playing, pressing on Menu/Sel brings up menu to search music on the USB drive. I never get menu for bluetooth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
SuperMat64 said:
I have a 2010 Terrain SLT2 without NAV so only the Pioneer Premium sound system....

I don't have these menus and i also don't have the Auto-Time feature that is supposed to be...

I think that GM dropped this one...

They are not all as they should be...

I am wondering if i have the radio i paid for.... I think i'll contact GM to try obtaining an explanation....


With respect to the Auto Time feature, I don't have it either. According to the explanation that Chevy Customer Servive gave in the Equinox forum, Terrain radios should have it. It is a feature on the UYZ Alpine radios that were mostly used in the Terrain, with a few being put in the Equinox. Maybe the Bluetooth streaming function is radio-specific also. It would be nice if these features can be made available with a firmware update.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
239 Posts
equinox2 said:
This is where I get stuck - when in AUX screen pressing the Menu/Sel button does not do anything. When I'm in USB mode with a USB drive connected and music playing, pressing on Menu/Sel brings up menu to search music on the USB drive. I never get menu for bluetooth.
What kind of device to you have connected to the USB port when you are pressing menu/sel?

Your post sounds like you have a standard USB thumb drive connected but the walkthrough post sounds like you need to have the bluetooth device you want to setup connected with a wire during setup.
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top