GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know what low beams to buy to project HiGH blue illumonosity? i heard silverstars are junk and put out less light than a standard headlight. thank you guys scott

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Putco's
They are a beautiful light blue, I used them prior to my HID's

I have a complete set for you if you like - you can do the fogs as well.

PM me if your interested, [/color]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys. you've been great at answering the couple questions i've had about my new equinox. i noticed from the site posted above there are different sizes. 3000k 6000k ect... Anyway, dont you need ballasts to run lighting of such size?? i'm just looking for a much brighter factory replacement but blue. If anyone could point out exactly what size that would be i would appreciate it. One last question, has anyone replaced the interior lighting (along the headboard) with LED bulbs? if so what bulbs did you use? again thanks a bunch guys. lighting isnt really my hobby but giving the lack of mods for this vehicle its really all i can do besides for the multi-color led underdash/seat lights i installed. thank you
scott

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
Scottbjr said:
hi guys. you've been great at answering the couple questions i've had about my new equinox. i noticed from the site posted above there are different sizes. 3000k 6000k ect... Anyway, dont you need ballasts to run lighting of such size?? i'm just looking for a much brighter factory replacement but blue. If anyone could point out exactly what size that would be i would appreciate it. One last question, has anyone replaced the interior lighting (along the headboard) with LED bulbs? if so what bulbs did you use? again thanks a bunch guys. lighting isnt really my hobby but giving the lack of mods for this vehicle its really all i can do besides for the multi-color led underdash/seat lights i installed. thank you
scott
The 3000K, etc. is not a size, but a temperature rating in Kelvin which varies from yellow at about 3000K to purple at about 8000K, with natural daylight at about 4300K. You should probably do a google search to learn about this. However, Steve , one of the Site's sponsors can hook you up with all of your lighting needs. Do a forum search on Steve, or HID, and you will get quite a few hits.

Happy reading !

Rit

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
NODES said:
4300K is the best for most light output and it gives you that blueish tinge through our projectors.
Good point about the projectors, if you don't have an LTZ or a Terrain - (with projectors), DON'T put HIDs on Reflector Housings - too often, it results in scattering the light into the on-coming driver's eyes.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
NODES said:
did they actually make Terrain/Nox without projectors?
All of the Terrains have projectors, and only the LTZ Noxs ('10-'12) have them.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Scottbjr said:
anyone know what low beams to buy to project HiGH blue illumonosity? i heard silverstars are junk and put out less light than a standard headlight. thank you guys scott
Your bulbs have been shipped Scottbjr, thanks again,
Cheers[/color]

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I would highly recommend the Osram Night Breaker Plus halogen bulbs. They will be crisp white in output and will be more functional than Blue halogen bulbs. Typically a colored halogen bulb is more for cosmetic purposes and you actually lose light output.

·
Registered
10,529 Posts
XenonDepot said:
I would highly recommend the Osram Night Breaker Plus halogen bulbs. They will be crisp white in output and will be more functional than Blue halogen bulbs. Typically a colored halogen bulb is more for cosmetic purposes and you actually lose light output.
What kind of life would we expect to get from the Osram Night Breaker Plus considering we are using them in DRL mode for a lot of hours ?

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
XenonDepot said:
And cosmetic is what he was hunting for, thanks! [/color]

RIT333 said:
What kind of life would we expect to get from the Osram Night Breaker Plus considering we are using them in DRL mode for a lot of hours ?
I would suspect they would burn out prematurely in the DRL location.[/color]

·
Registered
32 Posts
RIT333 said:
What he said. Depending on the answer(s), I might be interested in a set. But only if there's a matching set for the fog lights.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Tribefan said:
What he said. Depending on the answer(s), I might be interested in a set. But only if there's a matching set for the fog lights.
Would just need to buy two sets then as the fogs are the same bulb number (H11) as the DRL's (low beams)[/color]

·
Registered
472 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
RIT333:

Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs are made to OEM specifications in Germany. Osram claims that these bulbs will last 10% longer than standard Osram Halogen bulbs that come with vehicles directly from the factory. I don't think that DRL would cause these bulbs to burn out any quicker as it's not like the bulb is burning any hotter than it's supposed to.

Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts