GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the problem of my blinker not turning off is getting worse and worse. What am I looking at as far as fixing it? Used the search here and didn't come up with any info. It looks like GM recommends a new combo switch, clock spring, wiper switch, and a bracket, retails for around $146. I am pretty mechanically inclined, but not so much with these newer vehicles... can anyone shed some light on what I would be getting in to? Thanks

Screenshot of parts, BTW its an 07 Equinox 2WD

Edit:NVM guess I'm not allowed to post links....

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
thebigzeus said:
What am I looking at as far as fixing it?
It looks like GM recommends a new combo switch, clock spring, wiper switch, and a bracket, retails for around $146.
I am pretty mechanically inclined, but not so much with these newer vehicles... can anyone shed some light on what I would be getting in to? Thanks
It's not so bad, first remove the steering column covers (should be two pieces, a few screws should be located on the bottom side) Once the screws are out the sides may be snapped together, so just pry loose.
The bracket for the switch arm should also have a couple small bolts holding it on the steering column, and the wiring harness for the switch should have a quick connector for removal.
Just make note of your steps and install the new arm and bracket.[/color]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thx for the reply, I downloaded a service manual I found online from GM, that should help.

·
Registered
749 Posts
thebigzeus said:
Thx for the reply, I downloaded a service manual I found online from GM, that should help.
Can I ask where you downloaded the service manual? Do they have others?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Phantm006 said:
Can I ask where you downloaded the service manual? Do they have others?
I really don't remember, I can upload it and hit you with a link if you'd like?

EDIT:Wow made it into a zip file and its 900mb, for the full one, or it has 2005 and 2008 only that is around 100mb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts