GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else having a hard time with being blinded when the sun hits the chrome around the gearshift or around the speedomoter just right? I almost feel like covering those spots with tape or something to stop it from reflecting the light straight into my eyes. anyone else come up with a solution yet?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Blinded by the amount of light comming off the little chrome accents around the vehicle's cabin?
You might want to get checked for Meningitis.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You might want to take the sideview mirrors off will you're at it, since headlights at night might reflect into your eyes.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sum of these Posts are getting a bit much if you know what I mean

·
Registered
58 Posts
Easy solution.... sunglasses. That's what most reasonable people do when it's sunny while driving.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meningitis... HOW did i not think of that???
Good call on the headlights at night. But oh wait... I wonder why the Terrain comes with an auto dimming rear view mirror? oh right, light reflecting off a mirror-like surface can be a little distracting. and as it turns out, chrome is somewhat mirror-like. hmm....
And sunglasses... helpful.
If you guys haven't experienced what i'm talking about then good for you. but everyday around 1pm when i'm driving the sunlight reflects off the chrome finishes into my eyes and it's a little distracting. but i guess i'm the only one.

thanks for all the super helpful responses everyone. you really know how to make a guy feel welcome to a forum.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It is a shame when the threads get taken over by these kinds of folks.

It was a valid question, and there was no need to try to be funny (which it wasn't).

Easy solution for me, I just added them to my ignore list.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
golfpro12 said:
Anybody else having a hard time with being blinded when the sun hits the chrome around the gearshift or around the speedomoter just right? I almost feel like covering those spots with tape or something to stop it from reflecting the light straight into my eyes. anyone else come up with a solution yet?
Have never personally experienced it but have to ask, where is the light entering from?
If it's from a sunroof, perhaps closing the roof for a short period of time is another option?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I experienced this problem on sunny afternoons with my 2007 Satrun AURA XE and the chrome surround bezel around the trans shifter. I basically would keep my hand in that area or place an object in that spot; I guess you could carry some tape with you if you like. That's the downside of a dressier interior! I didn't have a sunroof in the AURA and it was still a problem. Let us know what you come up with to solve this problem. Also, maybe contact GM and your dealer so they are aware of the issue - if you have it, I'm sure others will too. They might not be helpful to you now, but maybe a part change will come out of this and something you can benefit from later.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Seems to me its like when I am riding on a Sunny day here in Florida and a certain car in front of me blinds me with the sun off the rear window..Not much you can do about that but in your case like the other person mentioned put ur hand there or tape it up making it not look the greatest but whatever you are happy with..Lets move on.........

·
Registered
239 Posts
Your best bet is probably to get some sandpaper and sand the offending parts down.
Once you knock the chrome finish off, you can decide if the plastic is a color that would look good if you just sand/buffed it to a satin finish or if it would need to be primed and painted to a satisfactory color. If you do end up painting it then you really have unlimited options as to what color and finish you feel would have been the right way to finish it in the first place.

You could also take the problem parts out and use them as a template for making your own one-off carbon fiber replacement pieces.
Here's a link to a walk through on the process:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/carbon-fiber-motorcycle-parts/
It's a motorcycle site that I read oftem by the idea is more or less the same.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Search Acadiaforum.net

Owners complained of the same problem when the Acadia first came out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts