GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my LTZ in the rain last Thursday. Sunday I was able to wash it for the first time and I noticed paint blemishes in both passenger side doors. The metalic in the silver is not even and there's two 3" round areas that are noticable. I know silver is a hard color to match and I'm concerned about asking the dealer to fix this problem. This is not the quality in workmanship that I thought I was buying in a new Chevrolet. Has anyone had any repairs done on a Silver Equinox? Any recommendations?

·
Registered
3 Posts
NoxFF- My Terrain is currently at the dealer a second time for paint issues. My car had what looked like a dried paint drip on the front passenger side door and a paint chip on the pillar next to windshield (paint was bubbling and chipped). They had no problem with fixing the paint since the car showed no prior damage and for the fact I purchased it last month. One thing is once your car comes back look over the work and make sure they did a good job. The terrain is in the shop now because they did a bad job re-painting the door and i had them redo it. Oh and make sure they give u a rental it will be in the shop for a week or so.

·
Registered
977 Posts
My dealer has their own body shop (Many outsource their body work). I had a buff mark down to the primer on rear deflector. They took the part off and repainted it. Can't tell. I found it a week later. I think the dealer did it when they waxed the vehilce (The salesman said he gave me that and fabric protection free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts