GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wondering if anyone has painted any of their chrome pieces black such as on the rear door lid, the window trim, fog light surrounds, grille surround, anything chrome.....my lt1 came with chrome handles and mirrors, i installed the chrome fog light pieces and eg classics chrome mesh grille. getting sick of the chrome and thinking about changing it all to black. post up some pic's if you think you have a blacked out nox!!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just finished most of the "Black Out" on my '11 Equinox. I did not do any paint. I have an '08 Tahoe that I purchased a second grill for. I stripped the chrome from the plastic then painted, unfortunately a summer long project in the stripping portion. Looks good but a ton of work. For my Equinox I used Oracal 970RA wrapping cast film. Some chrome is wrapped in gloss and some is flat. I think it looks good and will try and get some pics posted shortly.

Attachments

·
Registered
978 Posts
ERPD626 said:
...will try and get some pics posted shortly.
Heads up...

You can show us the pics right now if you link them from a web hosting site...but you're gonna need 5 posts to your credit to show them to us as an attachment to your post.

Oh, and welcome to the forum :thumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Finally have pulled the blackout pics from the abyss of my computer. The first is the chrome grill that is covered with Oracal 970RA flat black and before the chrome fog light bezels were covered. The second pic is the rear chrome decklid pic covered in Oracal 970RA gloss black.

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
do you have any bigger photos? i was going to do this same thing but i cant see it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2012 SLE Olympic White terrain ran flat back vinyl over hood. Chrome front plate and on down the back. With the SLE you get a lot less chrome which is why I went with that. Thinking of doing the roof next time. If I do I will have the rear air foil painted black. It's looks great with my Limo tint. I don't have my computer hooked up after the move but I will post pics soon. The Air release vinyl is easy to work with and is removable should you tire of the look. It took a few hours to disassemble the rear door but it is flawless!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just got a '13 Equinox, black of course... I definately like the look of the black out. Now... to convince the wife. :facepalm: ;D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just blacked out everything slowly but I think my wife knew I would be doing it because when I ordered it I kept pointing out which chrome would be gone. Once I started the process she would notice something but not say anything because she just wasn't sure what was different. The wrap does not cost much. Do it!

·
Premium Member
1,054 Posts
Nice Nox, I like the old school red Bowtie in the rear!! If GM made an SS Nox i would imagine it like this with painted grills and other pieces. The front gold one looks good as well with everything blacked out. Yours is the first one i have seen with blacked out chrome fog light bezels ! Very different indeed! Thanks for posting pics! Maybe post a side front view of whole Nox from a distance so we can get the feel of the entire look. Looks sharp!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for the compliments, greatly appreciated. Thanks for pointing out my front gold Bowtie, I did not use the updated front pic with the red Bowtie also. I have been going for that SS look as I quit waiting for Chevy to release another Equinox SS, so I decided to slowly build my own. I will try and get the updated front pic up soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts