GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought some of you might be interested in my conversation with Onstar regarding the Mylink app for Blackberry phones:

Please wait while we find an agent to assist you...You have been connected to Krista M.

Krista M: Thank you for contacting OnStar. How may I assist you today?

Me: do you know when the onstar mylink might be available for blackbdrry phones

Me: sorry, blackberry

Krista M: Hi Me. At this time, the OnStar Mobile App technology has been validated on the iPhone (including the new iPhone 4) and the Android mobile OS (including the Droid, Droid Incredible and new Droid X). Currently, there are no plans to have an application available for the Blackberry smartphones.

Me: I am really disappointed in that, the phone that i use in my business is really more important than my car, and I think a lot of people feel that way. This will lead to a lot of unhappy customers.

Krista M: I understand your concerns and apologize that you are unable to use the mobile app feature for your Blackberry. OnStar chose some of the most popular and capable phones on the market today for our initial applications. Due to technical issues, OnStar decided not to continue with development for the MyLink Mobile App for the Blackberry phones at this time.

Me: do you mind if I post this information in several of the forums that I frequent, there are a lot of folks interested in the integration of mylink to blackberry

Krista M: It is your personal choice regarding the information that you post online. However, please be aware that there may be a lot of information from online forums and blogs that are incorrect. We advise you to contact us directly or visit our website for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding the OnStar services.

Me: I think I just did that.

Krista M: I am giving you the most up-to-date information regarding the OnStar mobile app feature. Again, I am sorry that this particular service is not currently available for your Blackberry phone.

Me: Thank you

Krista M: You're welcome. Is there anything else I may help you with today?

Me: No, I think you have given me all the information that I requested.

Krista M: Thank you for contacting OnStar. Have a nice day Me.

Thank you for using InstantService. You may now close this window.Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

G

·
What did you expect. You're asking for apps on a BlackBerry phone...good luck.

Blackberry + Apps selection = Junk......everybody knows this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmarges said:
What did you expect. You're asking for apps on a BlackBerry phone...good luck.

Blackberry + Apps selection = Junk......everybody knows this.
No, not quite everbody, because up to now I have been quite satisfied with the apps available for Blackberry.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thats a shame, though I could hope that they will have the app available for the blackberry when they make it available for the 2010 Terrain...

·
Registered
40 Posts
I would like to add my name to the disapointed blackberry users of america.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I can see why you are frustrated, but between issues with RIM, their rapidly shrinking market share and the explosion of the other platforms, I can understand why they didn't invest in a Blackberry app.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts