GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post to the forum. I would like to thank you for your help!

I am going to buy a Equinox very soon. (Maybe today!!!!) I know exactly what I want but the exterior color!

I am between submit white or black granite. I currently own a (flat) black durango. I have said I would never buy another black car again because how dirty it looks. BUT, I saw a brand new 2012 "dirty" black granite Nox and it looked great!

Does the Black Granite cover up some of the dirt? Do you think I would be happy with this decision?

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
brunsonjc said:
Do you think I would be happy with this decision?

Thanks again for your help!
I'm afraid that you, alone, are going to have to make this decision. We, certainly, are not going to come over to your house to wash it ! ;D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Black is black and it turns dirty gray/white during the winter. And white turns dirty gray/black during the winter....

Pick your choice.

·
Registered
10,395 Posts
truckweb said:
Black is black and it turns dirty gray/white during the winter. And white turns dirty gray/black during the winter....

Pick your choice.
But, my experience is that the lighter the color, the easier it is to keep clean. However, a clean black car looks better than a clean white car - but it doesn't stay clean for very long. It is just a matter of personal preference. That is why they offer so many colors !

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
RIT333 said:
I'm afraid that you, alone, are going to have to make this decision. We, certainly, are not going to come over to your house to wash it ! ;D
+1[/color]

CFRTim said:
Well, this is not as straight forward as black & white...... Wait a sec.... It is :facepalm:
+1[/color]

truckweb said:

Pick your choice.
+1[/color]

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I just went to the Equinox site, looks like the Black Granite is like the Terrain's 'Carbon Black Metallic'?..

I had the 2011 Terrain with carbon black metallic, I own another car that is black, and i really didnt want a black car..hard to keep clean looking..but the carbon black looked great!

It wasnt a flat black look, sometimes it was dark black, other times a dark grey metallic...I think thats a great color!...thats what my choice would be!

but of course thats your decision! good luck! let us know what you go with.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a black mustang gt. love how they look. Clean. Never thought I would buy another black car but ended up getting my fiancé a black granite equinox ltz. Love the color and actually doesn't look that bad once its dusty like my black Mustang. Glad we went with the black granite instead of the white

·
Registered
87 Posts
I traded a black granite 2009 Malibu for a summit white 2011 Nox.

I took great care of my Malibu, but no matter how hard I tried, the black never looked good for more than an hour or two. I also noticed that any little scratches really showed up on the black (the dealer ran it through the car wash and I could see circular and back and forth marks from the car wash). I used good wax on it often; I never clayed it, but I was just never happy with how it looked (unless it was fresh out of the garage from being waxed and even then, every little blemish or scratch was visible). And I paid extra for this color.

I have owned black cars most of my life so buying a white one was, well, difficult. We bought a white Cruze last year (not my car so not my choice) and it never gets washed and always looks nice. So, I bit the bullet and got the summit white Nox.

I love my white Nox. I wash it less frequently than I did the Malibu and it always looks nice. Of course it doesn't have the wow factor a nice clean shiny black one has, but that wow factor was so fleeting for me with the Malibu that it hasn't been an issue.

Aside from the fact that the Nox always looks clean, there's a huge difference in how warm it gets sitting out in the sun as well.

There are certain white cars that really look nice and others that don't. I think the Nox looks great in white -- well, I think it looks great it just about every color it comes in though...:)

·
Registered
949 Posts
How about you meet halfway and get a color in the middle of the spectrum? Haha. Have you looked at the Ashen Gray Metallic? It's a dark gray metallic, dirt won't be quite as noticeable as it is on a black car.

I've never been a big fan of white or silver cars, just because there are a lot of them in this world, not that they look bad. If I were you, I'd go for the black metallic.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i have that color and it always looks dirty after 1 nite outside on the driveway. i only bought black cause i saved $4k. i will never buy black again. go with that mocha color :thumb:

btw i have never ever seen more fine scratches then i do see in this paint and i have had it buffed out.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Really your choice... we live on gravel road, so no matter what we do, coming home or leaving, we're gonna get dusty. All of our cars that were darker colors looked dirty all the time, even when they were pretty clean.

If you live where you will never see gravel or dirt roads, have a garage to keep it out of the elements, like to wash and wax, then the darker colors are great. We have had some dark colors (no black yet, but dark blue and maroon) and we were okay with them no looking clean.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My wife and I went wit the solid black on our recent purchase. We own a 2006 Tahoe summit white and I truly believe the black showing more dirt is a myth. You should see my Tahoe in the summer after taking hits from all of the kamikaze bugs. We previously owned a black Trans Am and a black S-10 Blazer.

The black LTZ with all of the chrome is sharp. No regrets.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts