GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took delivery of my wife's 2012 Mocha Terrain SLT-1 on New Year's Eve. When I got it, I wanted everything but the chrome package so I got the SLT-1 with all options but the sunroof plus the 19" wheels. I've done a few things to do it since then and figured I'd share.

- Swapped out all the interior lights with LEDs, total cost was $10.48 shipped for 10 #194 bulbs (20 SMD LEDs).. Did all interior plus license plate light with 3 bulbs left over. :)
- Yellow ion fog light bulbs
- 30% tint on front doors
- Body color bumper plugs (since vehicle came from Texas where front/rear plates are requirement, though in Louisiana we don't need a front plate)
- Overlays for GMC emblems

I guess you could say the overlays are "custom", but I had a roll of gloss black vinyl laying around so decided to cut my own. Nothing special or hard about it, just did each letter individually, laid the vinyl on top and used a heat gun to guarantee it'll stick. Then used an exact-o knife to cut around it and proceeded to the next letter. Came out really good, alot better than the red GMC on the mocha color. I'm still kicking the idea of overlaying the front chrome piece on the hood too, haven't totally decided yet.

Just a FYI, on my GTO I have headlightarmor 50% vinyl tint on the headlights and tail lights and came out perfect. I thought I'd do the same on the Terrain to blend the lighting in with the mocha paint, but chose to go with RVinyl brand... NEVER use them, product sucks and sending the headlight vinyl back for refund. I'm no amateur to installing vinyl overlays, tinting windows, wrapping plastics (on dirt bikes) or even overlaying stuff on my 09 Hayabusa, but this stuff sucks. Plus the way they cut it, no way it'd end up in one whole piece over the light too.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
WOW..yeah nice job!..

I like that look, since eventually the emblems start to look nasty after a while..(both my Chevy and GMC emblems start to get water/debris underneath them and doesnt look as good as new..)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly! Nice, easy and if you ever grow tired of it just tear it off with no damage. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I taped and just sprayed my Chevy.emblems on the nox...took about an hour total...looks nice...ill.post pics later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts