GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched and couldn't find the answer to this simple question...I am waiting for my Terrain to arrive (next week or so hopefully) and want to take my bikes (bicycles) with me on a road trip when I get it. I need to order a bike carrier...anyone recommend one? What is the hitch/receiver size on the Terrain in case I find a good deal online? I need it to hold 2 bikes.

Thanks

·
Registered
239 Posts
jordanz said:
I searched and couldn't find the answer to this simple question...I am waiting for my Terrain to arrive (next week or so hopefully) and want to take my bikes (bicycles) with me on a road trip when I get it. I need to order a bike carrier...anyone recommend one? What is the hitch/receiver size on the Terrain in case I find a good deal online? I need it to hold 2 bikes.

Thanks
The hitch receiver provided by the factory is a class 2, it's the smaller square one, I think they are either 1.25 inches or 1.5 inches.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Its not the 2". Its the 1 1/4".

·
Registered
9 Posts
To confirm what others have said, it's an 1-1/4 inch receiver.

I just bought a bike rack and used it for an 8+ hour trip up North -- I would highly recommend the Rola NV2. Very secure, easy to use, and can accommodate "odd" sized frames easily; so if you have two bikes with very different shapes you can carry them without extreme angles.

As a bonus, it has a neat "flip shank" feature that means you can use it in 1-1/4" or 2" receivers. So in case you have another vehicle or need the larger shank in the future, you won't need an adapter.

Pictures attached.

Retails for around $170 I think, but I got it for about $80 because I have a connection :)

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the helpful info!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts