GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BEWARE XM radio !! These people are far from honest. Google search "XM complains" and you will see the hundreds of people that have had bad dealing with these people. If you are a XM customer do the following:
1. Never give them a credit card or debt card number, pay by check only. If XM has your credit card number then request a new card and number from the CC company.
2. Go to the XM website and check NO for automatic renewal.
3. Always get a paper invoice from XM so that you can prove what you agreed to and what you paid. Tell them in advance that you do NOT agree to any invoice fees or charges.
4. Record all telephone calls with XM representatives.
5. If you are going to cancel your XM subscription, do so BEFORE the current subscription runs out or you will be charged extra.
6. If you have had a bad experience with XM, please let General Motors know.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I read some of the horror stories. With all the customer complaints and the constant drops I didn't subscribe after the trail. They just turned it on again last Saturday (This happened once before and lasted 1 week I believe) on my Nox. It dropped 3 times on the way to the Tappan Zee Bridge bridge. Also seems to be less channels. My kids like the Kids Channel .. My wife changed to the FM stations because she dosen't like the constant drops. :thumbdown:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Experienced some of these nightmares when I signed up for XM on our 07 SRX after the trial ended. It's a shame that they have no competition and almost every manufacturer partners with them now - nothing to keep them honest.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Getting the free sampling again. They don't have the same number of channels. My 3 favorite are no longer there. The only thing that is the same are the frequent drops ::)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Free XM listening turned-on for me, too (I'm still not renewing). It's been 'on' past week or more. And last poster is correct; XM dropped quite a few channels (two of my former favorites, gone).

Oddly, I have two active Sirius receivers and Sirius has not messed w/ their channel line-up (reorganized but not killed-off entire channels, at least none I know of).

Sirius/XM may be one company but they are clearly cannibalizing their XM station line-up. Perhaps they are right-sizing their programming to match all those $77 renewal(s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts