GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wax 4 or 5 times a year but a buddy of mine (former Ford engineer) says I'm wasting my time just waxing the clear coat. His Ford vehicle is 5 years old, never been waxed and looks as good as the day he bought it. He gets a new Ford about every 5 years at a deep discount so I get it but I pay sucker pricing for my vehicles and keep them a minimum of 10 years. I don't think I'm hurting the finish by waxing it, I don't use anything abrasive. If you look at some of the car detailing website these guys go crazy with clay bars, polish, then ceramic coating or now the graphene nano particle coatings. I might do that if I had a Ferrari but not investing the time or money on the terrain. I keep it clean and under carriage wash often in winter and wax pretty often as I've done with all vehicles since I was 16. They still rust in MI
What's your experience with that? Is it good?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wax 4 or 5 times a year but a buddy of mine (former Ford engineer) says I'm wasting my time just waxing the clear coat. His Ford vehicle is 5 years old, never been waxed and looks as good as the day he bought it. He gets a new Ford about every 5 years at a deep discount so I get it but I pay sucker pricing for my vehicles and keep them a minimum of 10 years. I don't think I'm hurting the finish by waxing it, I don't use anything abrasive. If you look at some of the car detailing websites such as Black Tie Detailing - Mobile Car Detailing in Bethesda, MD & nearby areas these guys go crazy with clay bars, polish, then ceramic coating or now the graphene nano particle coatings. I might do that if I had a Ferrari but not investing the time or money on the terrain. I keep it clean and under carriage wash often in winter and wax pretty often as I've done with all vehicles since I was 16. They still rust in MI

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Wash it good, apply a coat of spray on Turtle Wax Ceramic, let it cure overnight and do it again. Only about $16 a bottle and it will easily do 2 coats and the beading of water will amaze you.
Car will stay cleaner longer, unless you have dirt roads or mud puddles. Will last a year, has on my fleet.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wax 4 or 5 times a year but a buddy of mine (former Ford engineer) says I'm wasting my time just waxing the clear coat. His Ford vehicle is 5 years old, never been waxed and looks as good as the day he bought it. He gets a new Ford about every 5 years at a deep discount so I get it but I pay sucker pricing for my vehicles and keep them a minimum of 10 years. I don't think I'm hurting the finish by waxing it, I don't use anything abrasive. If you look at some of the car detailing websites these guys go crazy with clay bars, polish, then ceramic coating or now the graphene nano particle coatings. I might do that if I had a Ferrari but not investing the time or money on the terrain. I keep it clean and under carriage wash often in winter and wax pretty often as I've done with all vehicles since I was 16. They still rust in MI
Same.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts