GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
can't even wash my own car anymore, due to back issues.
They make soft car wash brushes that attach to a four or five foot handle.
This will let you wash the car with very little bending over.
Would that work for you?

·
Registered
2020 GMC Terrain SLT 1.5 liter
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
They make soft car wash brushes that attach to a four or five foot handle.
This will let you wash the car with very little bending over.
Would that work for you?
Thanks Lee, but no I can't even do that. My Sciatica and hips are shot.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Like I said before...I will NEVER again put a deposit on a vehicle that is located out of state without seeing it in person first ! I wouldn't even build one unless it was in writing that if the paint did not match to my satisfaction I could back out losing no $ !....I never had a mismatch paint issue ever before....and it will never happen again !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Like I said before...I will NEVER again put a deposit on a vehicle that is located out of state without seeing it in person first ! I wouldn't even build one unless it was in writing that if the paint did not match to my satisfaction I could back out losing no $ !....I never had a mismatch paint issue ever before....and it will never happen again !
Totaly agree, I did this once, the car was in stare but 350 miles away. The car had damage to the interior, they said it could be fixed and I had to take it. After much ado I finally got the dealership owner to give me back my deposit. Best to buy one already built, and go over it with a friend that knows what to check for, if possible. I was lucky having worked in a auto assembly plant, I pretty much had a good idea what to check out visually. 04 I gotta ask, what is your avatar, can't tell what it is....

·
Registered
182 Posts
I donate platelets and plasma on a monthly basis....that picture is the needle in my arm...the process takes around 2 hours but both parts of the blood are needed so bad for cancer patients...on top of that I am lucky enough to be in a small percentage of the population that is CMV negative meaning my blood has never been exposed to cytomegalovirus which is a common virus and is harmless to most people but can cause severe infections for patients with weak immune systems.
So, my platelets and plasma can also be for premature born babies ! Like my grandson was.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I donate platelets and plasma on a monthly basis....that ipicture s the needle in my arm...the process takes around 2 hours but both parts of the blood are needed so bad for cancer patients...on top of that I am lucky enough to be in a small percentage of the population that is CMV negative meaning my blood has never been exposed to cytomegalovirus which is a common virus and is harmless to most people but can cause severe infections for patients with weak immune systems.
So, my platelets and plasma can also be for premature born babies ! Like my grandson was.
My hat is off to you Sir. Thank you for that🙏

·
Registered
88 Posts
Who told you that white paint is harder than darker colors ? Sounds to me like the dealer was anxious to get rid of white cars !
No it wasn't my dealer that told me that I read it somewhere might have been a detailing thread where comments were lighter colored vehicle paint is a "harder" paint vs dark reds, blues and blacks that tend to have a "softer" paint.
I can tell you white paint is more apt to give you a mismatch on panels !
I can say I don't really notice the difference in paint from the body panels to the painted bottom trim pieces on the Denali. There is a slight difference but nothing that I'm concerned over.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
On the color hardness, if you read it on the intetnet, it must be the truth ! LOL my bad.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My bad guess I should have worded that more as "heard" and not stated as fact. In any case the car wash I go to did not visually cause swirling in the black paint of the Encore nor has it shown much swirling in my Denali.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Find someone to hand wash it if you aren't able. My 2020 Nox is the black metallic(midnight edition). I hand wash it to prevent swirls aslo giving me a chance to inspect the paint. But I do use an aftermarket wax that protects the shine

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2 cents...I've used this product for a few years now. IF your car isn't really filthy, like after a snow storm, road slush,etc, it works great. simple to use and leaves a really nice shine and water beads really well. Find it at Walmart for under $8...

21 - 33 of 33 Posts