GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got 1200 miles on my 2011 Nox LS and mustering the courage to change the oil myself when I get up to 4500-5000 miles.
Probably going to go with either Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil synthetic. Ordering the correct tools, and wondering,what would be the best oil filter to use?

·
Registered
365 Posts
texasnox11 said:
I've got 1200 miles on my 2011 Nox LS and mustering the courage to change the oil myself when I get up to 4500-5000 miles.
Probably going to go with either Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil synthetic. Ordering the correct tools, and wondering,what would be the best oil filter to use?
Purolator Pure one hands down!!!!!

http://people.msoe.edu/~yoderw/oilfilterstudy/oilfilterstudy.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'll be doing the first change at 1000 miles. Of course the wife only has 500 on it now, but I'll be going with the Pennzoil and a Purolator. I'm actually looking forward to an easy oil change finally.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't find a purolator pure one filter for the 2011 Equinox--is the PL15436 the correct filter for my 2011 Equinox LS?

·
Registered
365 Posts
texasnox11 said:
I can't find a purolator pure one filter for the 2011 Equinox--is the PL15436 the correct filter for my 2011 Equinox LS?
The PL15436 is for the I4 engine in the terrain and equinox

·
Registered
626 Posts
Anyone have a pic of the Purolator after it's been removed from the engine? Wondering if it looks anything like the OEM filter:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wix makes a great filter. I think the NAPA Gold is a Wix filter. Not a fan of Fram filters. Remember you always get what you pay for. You buy crap expect crap.

·
Registered
365 Posts
NoobNox said:
Just going by the link you provided, it seems like the author recommends the Mobil 1 filter over the Purolator Pure One.
The Purolator is not restrictive unless you leave it in forever. I change my filter every 3000 miles and the oil every 6000 miles. I can't speak for my terrain cause the oil has been contaminated with fuel after every oil change but my other cars oil looks much cleaner than my mobil 1 filter days. I baby my Corvette but the mobil 1 filter is not worth the extra cost. I would rather have more filter media to remove the bad stuff.

·
Registered
365 Posts
CanadianTerrain said:
on Purolators website it says the filter for the V6 is PL12222 and you have the PL14610?
That is a picture of the filter I put in my Saturn Vue. Sorry if it mixed you up ;)

·
Registered
2019 GMC Terrain 2.0 AWD , no V92 trailer option
518 Posts
Is there is room for a longer filter on the V6?
A Wix 57045 offers much more filtration surface area. Therefore less pressure drop across the filter and more area to hold dirt.
Wix 57045 & Napa 7045 Oil Filter

Quantity in Cart: 0
Code: 57045
Retail Price: $6.39
Price Per Filter: $3.97
Case Qty: 1

Quantity:

"PARTS DETAIL
Principal Application: Various Dodge, Jeep, Mitsubushi w/ 3.7L Engines (09-10)
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 4.782
Outer Diameter Top: 2.939
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 22X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 8
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/20/75=10/20/25
Nominal Micron Rating: 21"

vs the wee factory 57060.

Wix 57060 & Napa 7060 Oil Filter

Quantity in Cart: 0
Code: 57060
Retail Price: $6.29
Price Per Filter: $3.85
Case Qty: 12

Quantity:

"PARTS DETAIL
Principal Application: Various GM, Saturn, Saab, Chrysler, Jeep (07-10)
Style: Spin-On Lube Filter
Service: Lube
Type: Full Flow
Media: Paper
Height: 3.430
Outer Diameter Top: 2.970
Outer Diameter Bottom: Closed
Thread Size: 22X1.5 MM
By-Pass Valve Setting-PSI: 16
Anti-Drain Back Valve: Yes
Beta Ratio: 2/75=8/22
Max Flow Rate: 10-12 GPM
Nominal Micron Rating: 21"

·
Registered
977 Posts
Changed the oil and filter today on my 4 cyl. The old filter was aa OEM and the oil Valvoline Syn blend. The filter pleats were bent a little (Which I have found with all OEM filters) and the oil was like a mirror (No fuel smell at all). I put in the same oil and a Pure one filter and I will see what it looks like after 4 months. I'm a low mialeage mostly stop and go driver and wwe idle alot. I'll post pictures of the filter and the oil later when my wife uploads the pics.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts