GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like my Equinox LTZ to have the horn beep when I lock the car with the RKE. The only way I can get it to do that is by pressing the RKE lock button twice. Can it be programmed to beep on one push. Yes- I did read the manual.

·
Registered
93 Posts
RIT333 said:
I'd like my Equinox LTZ to have the horn beep when I lock the car with the RKE. The only way I can get it to do that is by pressing the RKE lock button twice. Can it be programmed to beep on one push. Yes- I did read the manual.
Nope. That does not appear to be an option.

KJ

·
Registered
10,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to "p" you off, but my question refers to the lock function :

The manual, and your quote, refers to the unlock function. I am lazy and forgetful, so I like audible feedback to let me know that I have locked the vehicle because I usually wind up locking it AFTER my wife says "Did you lock the car?"

While unlocking, you are usually looking at the car, so it is not as necessary to have the audible feedback option, visual (lights flashing) is usually sufficient. So, any ideas on this?

Another nice feature would be to have the "trunk lid" be controlled by the RKE to either open to the preprogrammed "3/4" position with 1 press of the RKE, and fully with 2 presses of the RKE. That way I could have control over it's operation depending wherever I am (garage or the mall) without having to change the dial in the car. How about it GM ? It's just another line of computer code, maybe?

To me, these things are more important o me than having 40 or so "favorites" on my "infotainment system". I don't even know 40 different songs - J/K.

Sorry for the ranting - Maybe it is to early in the morning on Sunday !

·
Registered
9 Posts
RIT333 said:

The manual, and your quote, refers to the unlock function. I am lazy and forgetful, so I like audible feedback to let me know that I have locked the vehicle because I usually wind up locking it AFTER my wife says "Did you lock the car?"
Let me first preface this comment by saying that I don't have my Terrain yet. But I do have (and have had) other GM cars where this was programmable on lock. I know the manual says on unlock, but maybe try it and see if it works? Hopefully someone who actually has one can comment.

Another nice feature would be to have the "trunk lid" be controlled by the RKE to either open to the preprogrammed "3/4" position with 1 press of the RKE, and fully with 2 presses of the RKE. That way I could have control over it's operation depending wherever I am (garage or the mall) without having to change the dial in the car. How about it GM ? It's just another line of computer code, maybe?
I seem to remember reading that something like this was possible. You would push the button to open the rear gate, then push it again when you wanted it to stop. Then if you wanted, you could program that to be the default lift height. Not quite what you described, but might work for your needs. Again, someone who actually has their Terrain / Nox can confirm or deny.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My 2010 Terrain beeps on 1 press of the remote's lock button. It's an SLT-1.

Honestly, I would say to ask the maintenance department of your dealership (Goodwrench or whatever it is). They would probably know if there is a setting that can be changed or something.
Sorry that I wasnt much help. :s

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The great thing about the Nox/Terrain is that nearly everything can be configured the way you want it. You go into the DIC (driver information center) menu and you can set it either flash the lights, beep the horn or both whenever you lock the car with the remote. You can also choose how long the lights stay on after turning the engine off, how the door locks behave, have the a/c off at startup even if it was on at shutdown...among other things.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts