GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Friday to record 3 CD's to the HDD. During the recording of the 3rd CD, the radio blanked out. Turned key off from accessory, turned back on and it came back so I finished recording. Ejected the CD and it blanked out again. Tried turning ignition on/off a couple times, nothing. When I tried to start it, all it did was click. Got the charger out and it showed the battery at 20% capacity. Charged it to 67% because we had to leave, started ok the rest of the day. But, since I was out, I just bought another battery and replaced it the next morning. Even after quite a bit of driving, when I put the old battery on slow charge the next morning, it was at 82%. It finally came up to 100%, so I'll let it sit a couple days and see what I've got. We got the Terrain Jan. 10, so 19 months for the battery. :mad: Normally get at least 2 or 3 years. ::)

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,841 Posts
I got my Equinox in January and the battery died a month or two later. I jumped it and it worked fine, but the problem was those little blue lights near the floor shifter inside the console - they stayed ON all the time, draining the battery. Took it to the dealer and they reprogrammed the computer to turn off the lights. Then I let the car sit for 10 days to make sure it was fixed. No problems since (still with the original factory battery).

·
Registered
949 Posts
If it's totally kaput, you might call and see if they (warranty) would cover a partial reimbursement kind of thing for the battery. You never know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts