GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm in the process of doing some flashing modules, and I was wondering what would the best battery maintainer, at a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I own and use about 8 Battery Minder's on my rec. vehicle's and lawn care batteries, bike, sleds, etc. .
I only use the ones that condition the batteries also, routinely get 10 yrs out of a sled or bike battery.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I own and use about 8 Battery Minder's on my rec. vehicle's and lawn care batteries, bike, sleds, etc.
I only use the ones that condition the batteries also, routinely get 10 yrs out of a sled or bike battery.
Thanks for the update, I have been searching for a battery charger/maintainer with some many different results.to fit my needs.
The one you gave looks very promising for my purposes, I just need to read some more
I'm looking for a battery to be use for maintaining a battery voltage so I can use the ACDelco MDI to check and troubleshoot if needed flash modules, and clear DTC if any is present. I do have a Actron Auto Scanner and it does clear the faulted codes, but it doesn't clear the permanent coded ones and now I got these faults codes:
P0700 (Transmission Control System) come on only once since this past March
U0073 (Module Communication Bus Off)
U0100 Lost Communication with Engine module/Powertrian Control Module "A"
The Actron scanner did clear the codes and I did look up these codes, and sometimes it may only need to reflash the modules again, and there maybe some updates for these modules.
I can imagine the cost for dealers to do these checks, troubleshoot, and reflash modules

·
Registered
554 Posts
Do not be surprised if you see some weird U codes come up. I call them mystery codes, probably due to spikes in the network or battery low on charge.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do not be surprised if you see some weird U codes come up. I call them mystery codes, probably due to spikes in the network or battery low on charge.
Yes you're right about the spike if using wireless network or if the battery is low on charge, and that's why I was asking about a battery maintainer. Maybe I'll charge the battery fully and then check and see if any modules needs to be updated. Thanks for the update and info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts