GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
On July 10, 2016, I just threw in a Walmart Everstart (Maxx H6?) battery 3-year free replacement, + 2 years pro-rated? Paid a little over $100, IIRC. No problems. This was at 93337 miles and I’m now at almost 127,000 miles. By the time I hit the 3-year anniversary, I’ll have around 133,000 on the odometer.

The only thing I’d say about these Everstart batteries is - I’d go with the model with the higher CCA number if I lived in a snow belt state. When it gets cold down here in the South, it cranks noticeably slower.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I just changed the OEM Delco AGM battery in my '11 Tahoe. At going on 8 yrs. I figured I'd be proactive. I need those -25 F starts when I'm away snowmobiling and the Tahoe with power running boards and a million exit lights I need a top notch battery. It's in the garage on a Battery Minder for summer camper use. I installed a AGM Odyssey as a replacement. Pricey but I've gotten over 10 yrs on them in my Harley which is a hard cranking beast and they have come out at that age still cranking like a champ, then again no kick start so no chances being taken. BatteryMart ships them in a day or two. AGM are the only batteries I'll buy for vehicles and the toys, no more NeverStarts, DieFast or Duracrap flooded batteries for me anymore. I've had every one of them fail due to internal connector failure while still in the warranty in the past 15 yrs. .

21 - 22 of 22 Posts