GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm in trouble now, had what I thought was a good mobile mechanic to help me pull an engine and he cracked the bell housing by not taking bolts from the torque converter. Can someone please tell me what the part number is for bell housing/ engine side of the transmission. '11 terrain sle 2.4l 6t45 transmission awd

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
As long as part of the trans case is cracked, you might price a used/reman transmission.
You are going to have some disassembly of the case, are either of you trans rebuilders?
Just trying to give you some direction so you only do this one time.

If you only want to get the "bell housing", any local trans shop should be able to get a used one pretty cheap.
Get a flywheel to because the old one is probably bent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the update I'm going to add a picture here to see what people here think and maybe someone can give me a part number.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Great pic, we can zero in to the part you need, it is the torque converter housing with pump assembly.
You may not find a new part even if you have the GM part number, because they no longer make this tranmission.
This is an assembly with a front pump installed.

·
Registered
2011 GMC TERRAIN SLT-2 3.0L V6 (LF1)
73 Posts
From the picture it looks like the spline also took a hit from the fall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Anyone know where I can get the part? I think I have the part number but I'm only finding it at like 500 dollars US. I'm hoping to get it for under 200. 24240421.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
car-part.com

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
No luck colt. Thanks for the lead.
I think I just found (2) at B&D Used Auto Parts in Michigan 313-841-0331. When you go onto car-part.com, there's actually a picklist item for "Transmission Bellhousing Only". Isn't that what you're looking for?

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
It is, colt, but when I called they were already gone.
I was gonna call yesterday before leaving work, but then thought better of it. Don't want to give the impression two people want the same part ... might drive up the price! LOL!

What do you think that bellhousing (alone) is worth? I'm thinking if it's leftover from a bad, gutted, transmission ... then I wouldn't pay more than, say, $100 for it. Looks like he's got a 3rd one, too, from a 2013, but not sure if that would fit?

If the price gets too high, then you might have to buy a whole transmission ... just for the bellhousing! I see numbers as low as $250 for entire transmissions, but only a few. Most of them start in the $400's and up ... but there are also a slew of places that just show "$Call", so you could cold-call some of those (maybe the ones closest to you first), and just offer them $100-$200.

I also see a bunch of "cracked case" listed! I wonder if that was due to an accident with the vehicle, or if the boneyard cracked the case the same way yours got cracked? Maybe these bellhousings are a little on the fragile side? They don't make these things out of pot metal, do they?? Also makes you wonder if the replacement could even have a hairline crack that went undetected? Might be best to buy within driving distance so you can actually inspect for cracks!

Lastly, if you end up buying an entire transmission, there are apparently (5) options listed for AWD.

Font Circle Parallel Symbol Document

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finally got one. I swear whoever went messing around with that car before I got it was a seriously mechanically disenclined individual. Had everything messed up and then some. Rockers touch loose, different parts on the transmission..... need I say more.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
@Vash2989 : how much $, whole transmission or just the bell housing, and were you able to pick it up, or was it shipped?

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone know how to get the rocker arms to stop being loose? I don't like the idea of them being finger loose.

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
Anyone know how to get the rocker arms to stop being loose? I don't like the idea of them being finger loose.
What's holding them in? Do they just hook in (or sit in there) somehow? Looking at the part on RockAuto, I don't see any mounting bolt like I remember with my 2002 Impala push-rod engine. I know it's "overhead" with these engines, but how are those things being fastened in there?

Bumper Font Automotive exterior Screenshot Auto part

Font Screenshot Rectangle Personal protective equipment Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2011 Equinox 1LT V6 3.0L
3,935 Posts
@Vash2989 : You can't see the Lash Lifters in that picture, correct (??) ... maybe just the "collar" of a couple of them? So the Lash Lifter just slides into a slot on the Rocker, and the Rocker is just sitting in there under tension? Is that what it is? And if so, how are the Rockers "loose"?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts