GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up our 2011 SLT-2 on 11/30. I took out the floor mats (which fit fine) and was putting in cheapo rubber mats until I get the Husky Liners ordered and I noticed that in several spots, there isn't anything "behind" the factory carpet in several places (you can squish it down, it's like it is mis-aligned, or the wrong form was used to mold it or there is foam rubber under some of it):
1. the bend between the parking break and break pedal
2. middle of the drivers foot well (behind the pedals)
3. in front of the front seats (driver and passenger)
4. passenger foot well (like the drivers side break pedal area, but both sides)
5. driver's side, the little rectangle that sticks out on the door side
6. rear seats in front of the seats and by the center console (foam rubber feel)

It's not something I checked during the test drive (and that was a 2010). Are 2010 and 2011's like this? Just 2011's or just mine?
The dealership already thinks I'm crazy because I asked if there was a filler strip for the roof crossbars (after he got back from the service department, salesman:"No, but you ordered them, and you kayak and canoe, why would you want to take them off?" Me:"It's easier to brush snow off" salesman:"Oh") so I if I pop in and say "Hey, can I check the carpet fit in the Terrains?" I can just imagine the look when I go in the next time for service...

·
Registered
42 Posts
We picked up our 2011 SLE-2 on the 30th as well, and do not have any of these carpet issues. Seems as solid as carpet is nowadays. However it's funny because I was just thinking the same thing about the crossbars and snow myself. 1 day after I got the Terrain we got a foot of snow dumped on us (and continue to get dumped on) and the only part I had problems getting all the snow off of was on the roof under the crossbars. It packs right in there and short of hitting the snow hard with the brush (which, I don't even touch the paint with the snowbrush, I brush just high enough off the surface) it's hard to get out. So, you're not crazy. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts