GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a SLT1 with a navigation, I understand that the backup camera will be seen in the NAVI but does it still appear in the rear view mirror? And how dirty does the camera get?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Nope - will not show up in the rear view mirror if you have the NAVI option. I'm in Canada so for me the camera is wiped each time before I head out. It seems to collect lots of slush, road dirt and snow :) I can't wait for the summer!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I hate snow! :) (Snowitch is cool tho...)

Snow and ice causes the camera to get dirty easily and block it's view. Rain and mud do the same. Plus it can also keep the reverse sensors from working too. If you have a lot of snow or ice on the rear bumper you'll get a warning that the reverse sensors are not working once you put your vehicle in reverse.

The Equinox is a little better than past GM vehicles, they did point the camera downward a bit and put it under the trim. So it does do a lot better. But a good wet/icy day and you'll probably be back there wiping it clean to see with it. I'll clean snow off my bumper to get the sensors to work, but I won't touch ice because I've chipped paint before pulling ice off a car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Living in Southern Californial Snow won't be too much of a problem, I do wish that the camera would display in both places, seens like in the Rear view mirror would be quite locgical...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts