GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have problems with there back hatch on the Terrain 2011 models? I don't have the electronic fancy shmancy door opener, it's just the push button near the rear view camera.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
What kind of problem(s)?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yeah, what kind? Sometimes I have trouble finding the "sweet spot" with my fingers on the rubberized latch...but other than that I have no issues. (Nox btw)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This started yesterday on our new 1 month old SLE-2 2011 Terrain, I would be pressing the button but it wouldnt respond at all. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Monday to get it checked out and one of my cigarette plugins near the usb isnt working either. However, that may be a blown fuse.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
tmoreau said:
This started yesterday on our new 1 month old SLE-2 2011 Terrain, I would be pressing the button but it wouldnt respond at all. I'll be taking it to the dealer on Monday to get it checked out and one of my cigarette plugins near the usb isnt working either. However, that may be a blown fuse.
Are you sure the interior button wasn't set to the "OFF" position, as opposed to "3/4" or "FULL"?
Does the hatch open manually from the outside?
Also, only the cigarette plug in the cargo works when the vehicle isn't running or the key is not turned to the "Accessories" position.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The lighter is dead tested it while the vehicle was running with the key in the slot. Its a manual back hatch door I opted for that instead. I'm thinking the water and ice buildup got inside the rubber somewhere and may of corroded the button.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Stupid question but is the vehicle unlocked when you try to open the hatch?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yepper's, and when you do press that rubberized button you do hear a faint click to hear the hatch unlocking, but it seems a little glitchy now, we were driving in salt and slush all day yesterday it could be moisture from preventing it from working as well.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Hmmm, strange. Im assuming that something is not plugged in fully. Good thing about the warranty though. Dealership should get it fixed right up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think the other issue with the backhatch is it's rattling I had to turn on the override light switch to prevent the interior lights from draining the battery. It was very warm today and I had issues with the backhatch it was -3 so snow was melting etc...but I suspect moisture got in there and is causing a short or the backhatch rattling has something to do with it.

I'll know more tomorrow! Hopefully if not i'll be asking for a full back door replacement...my extended warranty should cover that?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took it to the GM Dealer in our area, I did blow a fuse dunno how, but my backhatch opener did short out from moisture or salt/sand slushy day and it shorted out, the part will be replaced under warranty and its on order. Belt Buckle for recall was replaced took them 3 hours to do it though.

The dealership said this wasn't the first Terrain that had that problem another one came in a week ago with the same shorted out backhatch latch problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm just wondering if this is a safety issue as the hatch shakes and rattles and cannot be opened on this model of the Terrain, there is no override button or emergency latch on the back to open it, but the pricey model with the full package does? This is a safety risk to the owner of the vehicle if persay the doors were ever crushed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts