GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upon delivery my NOX had some deep scratched on the B-Pillars. It looks like the person who prepped the car used a sharp knife to get the white packing tape off the plastic trim. They also cut off some of the rubber molding!!!

(Also, the bumper had some light scratches.)

Anyone know how this trim is fixed? Will fixing it cause more damage? Not sure if this is a service issue or a body shop issue.

All calls to the service department are getting sent to voice mail. And they dealership is not returning those calls. The sales guy said he would have service call me after deliver and on a follow up call a week later - still no calls. I can drive up there to make an issue, but I would rather make one trip to drop off the vehicle to get it fixed. I should not have to drive to the dealership to make an service appointment.

*** Finally got a call back from my called placed to service. ***
*** Also it seems my salesman is not longer working there, which may explain the poor followup. I wish the front desk would have said something instead of putting me though to his voice mail. ***

Thoughts / Comments?

*** Edit to add an updated picture. ***

·
Registered
626 Posts
Re: B Pillar Damage on delivery. Anyone know the fix? & Dealer not returning calls!

First find a new dealer. And send Tricia (GM Cust Svc rep on this forum) a PM. You can also call GM at the number in your owner's manual. Be persistent and you will eventually get it sorted out.

My Nox had defects in the rubber molding around two windows and remnants of the blue plastic embedded in other molding. The dealer fixed it all.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Re: B Pillar Damage on delivery. Anyone know the fix? & Dealer not returning calls!

What the ????

I hope that person that did that no longer works there.
I think I would have refused delivery till they fixed it, barring that I would call the dealer one more time and if you have to leave a message I would just add that your going to call GM and file a complaint.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Z_Ghost said:
What the ????

I hope that person that did that no longer works there.
I think I would have refused delivery till they fixed it, barring that I would call the dealer one more time and if you have to leave a message I would just add that your going to call GM and file a complaint.
Although my screen name is Obnoxious, I am actually quite calm. I would really don't like needing to call GM to get the dealer to service my car. Seems like a bad start for what should be a good long term service relationship. It's why I never posted anything until now about this issue. If they had just took care of it, I would have never mentioned it.

I did document it upon delivery that it had issues. In hindsight, maybe I should have waited for delivery, but I didn't see it until the paperwork was signed and I had signed away ownership of my trade.

But I agree 100% that they need a new person to prep, this damage could have been easily avoided.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

To me, it sounds like the body shop will be the one fixing it. They can just order a new b-pillar cover, and you should be good to go.

Not a real big deal, except it is a NEW car. Fortunately, there is no painting involved.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

RIT333 said:
To me, it sounds like will be the one fixing it. They can just order a new b-pillar cover, and you should be good to go.

Not a real big deal, except it is a NEW car. Fortunately, there is no painting involved.
Do you know how they replace the cover? I can't see how it was attached.

No painting here, but the bumper has a slight scuff, I hope they can just do a local touch up, it they plan to do an entire respray I will look into other options. It's too small to risk the entire bumper match.

·
Registered
468 Posts

ObNOXious said:
Do you know how they replace the cover? I can't see how it was attached.

No painting here, but the bumper has a slight scuff, I hope they can just do a local touch up, it they plan to do an entire respray I will look into other options. It's too small to risk the entire bumper match.
they are riveted on, not an easy task to replace them.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

cottonseed said:
they are riveted on, not an easy task to replace them.
Wow ! I would have guessed double-stick tape. Seems like a time-intensive procedure.

·
Registered
468 Posts

Yep I wanted to remove mine once and couldnt figure it out for the life of me so I had someone check the book with all the answers to find out how to remove them. That plan was shortly scrapped after that.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Re: B Pillar Damage on delivery. Anyone know the fix? & Dealer not returning cal

A dealership that doesn't address this issue immediately? :eek: That's poor!

Definitely consider another dealership that will treat you like you are important to them, because you are.

What do you think would of happened if you had seen it and showed them before you drove it away. I would of refused the vehicle.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: B Pillar Damage on delivery. Anyone know the fix? & Dealer not returning cal

2010Nox said:
A dealership that doesn't address this issue immediately? :eek: That's poor!

Definitely consider another dealership that will treat you like you are important to them, because you are.

What do you think would of happened if you had seen it and showed them before you drove it away. I would of refused the vehicle.
I would agree, they called and called before the sale. Even had me return to the dealership because they had to redo some paperwork. But when I need help they don't return calls.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

cottonseed said:
Yep I wanted to remove mine once and couldn't figure it out for the life of me so I had someone check the book with all the answers to find out how to remove them. That plan was shortly scrapped after that.
Now I am nervous that they are going to turn a few scratches into a loose rattling trim. Ugh. I wish I had see this before I signed the paperwork. I would have ordered a new one and asked them to let me attend the vehicle prep. Now I have a truck headed for the body shop.

·
Registered
306 Posts

Can you say---General Manager? Can you say---Owner? Well, you get my message. Stop dealing with the Indians and start dealing with the "Chiefs" :mad:

·
Registered
10,508 Posts

ObNOXious said:
Now I am nervous that they are going to turn a few scratches into a loose rattling trim. Ugh. I wish I had see this before I signed the paperwork. I would have ordered a new one and asked them to let me attend the vehicle prep. Now I have a truck headed for the body shop.
Nlot to worry. Rivits are pretty bullet-proof. It shouldn't rattle. Get it fixed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

RIT333 said:
Not to worry. Rivets are pretty bullet-proof. It shouldn't rattle. Get it fixed.
When taking a better picture I noticed they also cut into the rubber trim attached to the window chrome. So that will need to be replaced too. :(

·
Registered
748 Posts
Re: B Pillar Damage on delivery. Anyone know the fix? & Dealer not returning calls.

That is ridiculous and careless. It's time for you to get pissed off. Like you said, they called you so much before the sale. And it's not like a little thing. Missing trim could cause more problems. Water inside the door, burned out motor etc. I'd be really "obnoxious" if I were you.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Re: B Pillar Damage on delivery. Anyone know the fix? & Dealer not returning calls.

i wouldnt have waited 3 weeks for a phone call...why not drive there and speak to the GM!?!?

·
Registered
60 Posts

Ask your salesman if he wants your return business in a couple years even if you aren't going back he don't need to know. Tell him to setup an appointment to fix it and have a courtsy car waiting and call you back when you can drop it off.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

gar187er said:
i wouldnt have waited 3 weeks for a phone call...why not drive there and speak to the GM!?!?
I am busy and this does not effect how the car drives. Also, I wanted to get many of the items addressed at one time. (B-Pillar, Seat Belt recall, etc.) Still, I would like to get the parts ordered and make an appointment.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Bigdog9586 said:
Ask your salesman if he wants your return business in a couple years even if you aren't going back he don't need to know. Tell him to setup an appointment to fix it and have a courtsy car waiting and call you back when you can drop it off.
Tried to call the salesman again today - seems he is no longer working there. (That might explain the poor follow-up.) I wish the front desk would have said something the past 5 calls instead of putting me though to his voice mail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts