GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The large nut (Axle Shaft Nut) on the front is what size? I'll need to purchase the part...

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
geerjm said:
The large nut (Axle Shaft Nut) on the front is what size? I'll need to purchase the part...

Thanks!
You may have better response by Googling the procedure you are attempting. Most of this board is 2010+ owners. Or can't you buy a cheap Chilton Repair Manual ? Seems like a well-spent $15 for a 2006 vehicle that you want to repair yourself. You'll need torque-settings anyways, right ? That is a good source of them.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
Whoops - 2010 +

:drunk: :beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
geerjm said:

Thanks!

It is a 32mm deep socket. Not sure if a standard will work. I borrowed one from a friend. I replaced the hub bearing on both side of my daughters '06. Each side was the worst 2 hours i ever spent. They were stuck in there and didn't want to come out. It took a torch and a 3lb sledge and an hour of pounding on it. Both sides were the same. Putting the new ones in went smooth as silk.

The forum will not let me post a link but if you insert the (www) in front of each link below you see 2 pictures i took. Some browsers will work if you just copy the line as is without the w's and it will work.

bikersaloon.com/images/DSCN1843dddd.jpg
bikersaloon.com/images/2006equinox222.jpg

·
Registered
10,506 Posts
I'm impressed. Great perseverance on your part. Sounds like you earned a beer or three after that job.

:beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
RIT333 said:
I'm impressed. Great perseverance on your part. Sounds like you earned a beer or three after that job.

:beer:
Yeah thanks, and you can see in the pics that i also had the struts off. I replaced them to. Daughter says it rides like new again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts