GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how you guys in Canada feel, but I have to say I think the heater in the Nox is excellent--quick to heat up and quite powerful. Put on the recirc for a little bit and you're toasty in no time! Wife loves it, especially in comparison to my Mazda 3 (and my Beetles, but that's another story...) Even when the temps are in the mid-teens (°F) we have no problem. Love it! :D

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Agreed, awesome heat/cool in general.
Heated seats top it off nicely.
We noticed one good thing about the upper vent placement (on either side of the entertainment center)...if you forget your gloves, you can warm your hands in a hearbeat!
Kinda misplaced for the A/C, IMO, but hey, not a show stopper!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't get the heated seats, they're not really needed in Maryland, especially without leather. Although it's not reached 40 for about 2 months...

I have the two mid-vents pointed right at my hands. :) Wish the outer ones would point a bit higher but they're just high enough for my hands on the wheel at the 10:00 and 2:00 positions.

·
Registered
332 Posts
mnussbaum said:
I don't know how you guys in Canada feel, but I have to say I think the heater in the Nox is excellent:D
The Nox heater is as good as most vehicles we've owned, which are and have been all GM. But here on the prairies in Canada when it gets nasty, the more heat and airflow the better.

Actually highly fuel efficient vehicles have been notoriously bad for heat since most of the energy is used to motivate the vehicle with little left as waste for heat. The 2010 and up Nox are very decent for heat considering their fuel efficiency.

Now my '05 Sierra has really good heat and my '92 Sierra was phenomenal! But the '92 was not so good for fuel consumption.

·
Registered
378 Posts
mnussbaum said:
I didn't get the heated seats, they're not really needed in Maryland, especially without leather.
Leather is the point here - my ass FREEZES when the cat is outside all day and I'm in northern Virginia. So glad the heated seats are there to thaw it after few minutes of numbness :p

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2010Nox said:
The Nox heater is as good as most vehicles we've owned, which are and have been all GM.
Yeah, GM vehicles have a great reputation for HVAC, at least from what I've heard. Having driven nothing but imports with mostly marginal heaters for 25 years it's nice to move into something better.

·
Registered
332 Posts
mnussbaum said:
Having driven nothing but imports with mostly marginal heaters for 25 years it's nice to move into something better.
Be very quiet! With comments like that, the import diehards may be outraged! ;)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Some cars I've had in the past take forever for the heater to warm up...yet I've found that the heater on the Nox warms up very quickly, and often can get too warm! Even though there is a lack of true rear vents, the underseat venting works well enough for the heating according to my backseat passengers. The a/c also works very well, but the fan is much too loud (even on medium speed) for my liking.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Pretty much agree with all the above. I would like to see the dash vents go a bit higher for the AC. I like cool air on my face in the summer. It just barely goes shoulder high and then the steering wheel blocks that.

The one thing I LOVE about the heater is it really heats my feet. Not just my ankles, calves and knees, but my FEET. The last car that did that was my 81 Vette. Every vehicle since then (6) did not heat my feet, and my feet really get cold. So, I'm really ecstatic about the heater/defroster on the Terrain.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2010Nox said:
Be very quiet! With comments like that, the import diehards may be outraged! ;)
LOL! I've just outraged myself! ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts