GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2011 Terrain SLE. When I went to plug my IPOD into the USB port that is in the compartment between the seats the message Auxiliary Jack out comes up on the radio screen. Anyone else have this problem? Tried two different cords so it's not that. ???

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine defaults to Auxiliary Jack when I have a flash drive plugged into the USB, but if I press the Aux button it switches to the USB.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Has your concern been resolved? Have you contacted your local dealer for more information? Please feel free to keep me posted and contact me with any questions. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No the actual message is "Auxiliary Jack Out" Haven't seen anything in the manual about this troubleshooting message. Before I took it back to the dealer I wanted to see if there was anything we were doing wrong. ???

·
Registered
300 Posts
pultab said:
No the actual message is "Auxiliary Jack Out" Haven't seen anything in the manual about this troubleshooting message. Before I took it back to the dealer I wanted to see if there was anything we were doing wrong. ???
Apparently you didn't see my prior message, as I said, I believe what you are seeing is normal. Mine does the same thing. It's not a trouble shooting message.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you select the Aux input and there is nothing plugged in, it displays "AUX JACK OUT"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Re: Auxiliary Jack

I'm not thrilled with the sound quality on the auxiliary input. I have to turn the volume up on my iPod but even then, the output is not great. Also, having the volume at max drains the battery on my iPod and the aux doesn't recharge it of course. I am using an FM radio transmitter which gives off some static but I can live with it for now. I am looking into some after-market options, but would welcome any suggestions.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Re: Auxiliary Jack

chrissycee1975 said:
I'm not thrilled with the sound quality on the auxiliary input. I have to turn the volume up on my iPod but even then, the output is not great. Also, having the volume at max drains the battery on my iPod and the aux doesn't recharge it of course. I am using an FM radio transmitter which gives off some static but I can live with it for now. I am looking into some after-market options, but would welcome any suggestions.
I'm assuming you vehicle does not have a USB port. If it does, Use That instead of the Aux. If not, use

https://store.griffintechnology.com/itrip-dualconnect

which will use your iPod's bottom (30 pin) connector to send out the audio which results in better sound and, from there, you use your regular aux cable to take the sound from the car charger part and plug it into the aux input.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
rebelbaserec said:
I always had issues with FM transmitters in Chicago plus the sound quality takes a dive with any FM device.
Yes, I agree. That's a drawback.

Chrissycee, if using your iPod in your Equinox is important to you, and you plan to keep the car for a while, it may be worth asking the dealer to backfit a USB port into it. It will probably require a new interface module, and re-programming, but the cost may be worth it to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks to all for the suggestions. Dealer said that adding a USB port after the fact would be difficult, is that true? I heard the same for the Bluetooth, but have seen some after-market options that I'm looking into. In the meantime, I'm making do with the aux input for now, it doesn't seem to drain the battery (so far, touch wood).

·
Registered
177 Posts
chrissycee1975 said:
Dealer said that adding a USB port after the fact would be difficult, is that true?
It's somewhat labor-intensive but not impossible. Some of the early build Equinoxes that should have had a USB port as part of the interface package were being delivered without them due to a supply problem. Becasue of the shortage, GM was offering a $75 refund on the price of the car upon delivery. However, some people opted to wait and have the dealer install the port when parts became available. As I understand, the console between the seats needs to come out to add the port and a new module. Some reprogramming of the radio is also needed. I'm curious if your dealer give you an estimate on parts/labor to do this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
nuclear1986 said:
It's somewhat labor-intensive but not impossible. Some of the early build Equinoxes that should have had a USB port as part of the interface package were being delivered without them due to a supply problem. Becasue of the shortage, GM was offering a $75 refund on the price of the car upon delivery. However, some people opted to wait and have the dealer install the port when parts became available. As I understand, the console between the seats needs to come out to add the port and a new module. Some reprogramming of the radio is also needed. I'm curious if your dealer give you an estimate on parts/labor to do this.
No, didn't get a quote, but they said they could refer me to an after-market dealer to have something installed for a few hundred dollars. I will look into it and see what's involved, how long it will take, etc., and post the quote here to get some feedback from fellow 'Nox drivers :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts