GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that the aux outlets in the Terrain aren't "hot" when the ignition is turned off? This is something new to GM vehicles, as at least one outlet used to be "live" when the vehicle was off to charge our phone, etc...

·
Registered
830 Posts
Did not noticed that... Even the one in the trunk is not powered when the car if turned off ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have only checked the one under the CD and in the center console so far (as those are the most useful)...

·
Registered
137 Posts
My understanding from other postings on this forum is that the power outlet in the back is always hot. I have not verified this on my Nox Tho.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems like an odd arrangement, but I'll check to see...

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The reason the back one is the hot one is if you are at a tailgate or something and need to power a 12V appliance. Its actually quite cool.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yep, the one in the back of my Nox is always powered...great for if you have a mini travel fridge/cooler. Has anyone tried the plug in the center console facing the backseat passengers? I forgot to try that one..

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think that this is an oversight. In both my wife's 06 Endeavor and my 07 CX-9, one of the two front outlets remain live with the iginition off. We use this to charge devices if we are going to run into somewhere (like a grocery store) and need to charge the phone. Who wants to plug it into the trunk? Sounds like GM has some weird quirks...Like why in the HECK do they give us Express Down on all four windows but NO EXPRESS up? <--- I guess thats another thread.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm so glad I read this! I totally wanted to try having a mini fridge in my cargo area during the summer. One of the ones that holds six cans, but I was worried about the drinks getting cold and then warm and going flat so, knowing that the outlet stays on all the time is wicked news for me ;D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I signed up just to post a question on how to make those ports always "hot" and came across this thread. Does anyone know how to make it always hot?

·
Registered
830 Posts
Only the one in the cargo is always hot.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
akimity said:
I signed up just to post a question on how to make those ports always "hot" and came across this thread. Does anyone know how to make it always hot?
You would have to do some rewiring.
Maybe a member who has wiring diagrams can help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts