GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Terrain with 30K miles. It was our grandma's car that wasn't used much and has mainly been in Florida. Recently both aux ports quit working and also the shifter gear lights are not working. I have checked all the interior fuses and everything looks ok. Is there possibly a fuse in the engine compartment that I should check? I don't think the battery has ever been changed. Could it be the battery giving in? Everything else is running fine. Car starts. No other electrical issues that I'm aware of. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
I have a 2014 Terrain with 30K miles. It was our grandma's car that wasn't used much and has mainly been in Florida. Recently both aux ports quit working and also the shifter gear lights are not working. I have checked all the interior fuses and everything looks ok. Is there possibly a fuse in the engine compartment that I should check? I don't think the battery has ever been changed. Could it be the battery giving in? Everything else is running fine. Car starts. No other electrical issues that I'm aware of. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
In the 2104 Equinox Owners Manual it shows two fuses for the Auxiliiary power outlets
Section 10-3 shows Fuse 26 in the under hood fuse box for the rear cargo(?) area and 10-37 shows Fuses 13 and 17.
https://assets.gm.com/manuals/chevrolet/2014_chevrolet_equinox_owners.pdf

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Probable bad Retained Accessory Power Relay or wiring going to it.
Relay number 42 in under dash fuse block.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.