GMC Terrain, Equinox, and SRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure how to make this work. Thought that I just had to hold down the unlock button on the key fob for a few seconds but have had no luck. Does it have to be a certain temp outside for this to work?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saw someone posted about this on a gminsiders forum. My car doesn't do this, and I just talked with my dealer/sales guy, and he says that the feature doesn't exist on the equinox. Would have been nice, but I guess the remote start kicking in the AC will have to suffice...

or I suppose the remote hatch-opener would help :D :D :D

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just a thought.
My friend has a BMW M5 and when he inserts his key in the door key hole, and turns the key to the left and holds it for a few seconds all windows do an express open. Anyone try yet? I haven't.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I do wish that this was still a feature especially those without a sunroof. I have no doubt it can be programmed back into the vehicle. Just got to figure out how to do it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hey there! I was interested in this topic since I am waiting on my new LTZ to arrive and I found some useful information here: http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f39/2010-equinox-owners-post-feedback-82599/index20.html. At first it looked like only the LTZ would be equipped with the remote-operated windows, but now it looks like the conclusion is that none of them will have that function, anymore at least. According to this information, it was an option in the very early built 2010's (those built prior to September 2009 or something...).

Not sure how old this thread is, i'm new to the site. Just thought someone out there might find it useful :).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was one of the first on gminsiders to post about the windows down from FOB. My early build Nox had this functionally if you held down the unlock button on the FOB. GM posted a doc about it (PIT4895A). They say:

#PIT4895A: Remote Operating Windows Using Keyless Access

Models:
2010 Buick Allure (Canada Only)
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2010 Cadillac SRX
2010 Chevrolet Equinox > Built Prior to June 26th 2009

Condition/Concern:
Some models above are equipped with remote operating door windows. This feature can be used to open the
vehicle's door windows from outside the vehicle by using the Keyless Access Transmitter. To open the windows via
Keyless Access Transmitter, press and hold the unlock button on the Keyless Access Transmitter for several
seconds until all the windows open. This feature only opens all windows, there is no feature to close the windows
from the Keyless Access Transmitter.

Recommendation/Instructions:
This is a normal operating characteristic and is design intent. No repairs are recommended. Refer to the
customer's owner's manual for additional information as needed.

Note: When replacing or reprogramming the BCM on a 2010 Chevrolet Equinox equipped with this feature, the
feature will be eliminated. This feature can NOT be turned back on nor can a vehicle built on or after June 26th
2009 have this feature added.
I loved this feature and used it frequently last summer. However recently I was having my Nox flashed to correct a hesitation on cold start and I had the service department check for updates on all my modules. Being an early build I had many updates, and one of the updates removed the windows down from FOB functionally. :(

·
Registered
315 Posts
I find it funny GM went oposite of what VW/Audi did

On my A4, I could raise all windows and close the sunroof holding the "lock" button on the transmitter

That was useful.....

Meh on lowering all windows lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
This feature needs to be added in! I have used this in the past 3 years on my Mazda CX-9 and absolutely LOVE IT! Being in the hot Fla sun can get those temps inside pretty hot. My Mazda only lowers the front two, though, and to raise them you have to insert the key into the key hole and lock the car (and hold).

I see that there is someone (maybe more) who hacks the trip computers...I wonder if they can add this function (along with Express-Up) with a firmware fix? And I love the ability to close the windows via the fob also.

Its like the more I research, the more things I find that I am not sure about when it comes to the Equinox.

·
Registered
332 Posts
It would be a nice feature to have until your kids or even yourself accidentally activates it, and unknown to you the windows are down in the pouring rain.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2010Nox said:
It would be a nice feature to have until your kids or even yourself accidentally activates it, and unknown to you the windows are down in the pouring rain.
I have had it for 3 years, and my Mazda requires two presses (and hold on the 2nd push) to roll the windows down. I have NEVER had a problem with the windows accidentally being rolled down.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Its always depressing to find out they got rid of something that would be AWESOME to have. Not like it cant do it. it had the ability and they got rid of it. Should be a selectable item in the radio menu system to have it on or off for those that are worried that their uncontrolled kids will mess with.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I was on course with some of my colleagues and afterwards we were walking toward our cars. One of them is a big Honda guy and as we approached our vehicles he proceeded to do the remote window thing (including his sunroof). I told him I could do one better and remote STARTED mine. By the time we got into our cars, guess which car was already nice and cool?

But at least his Honda was 'airy'....

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
2010Nox said:
Or Joe never worked in his life is taking your stuff out of your vehicle

·
Registered
635 Posts
fourmoremarine said:
Or Joe never worked in his life is taking your stuff out of your vehicle
That Joe guy was in my nox a few weeks ago. The centre armrest bin was open but it is so deep he didn't see my gps or USB stick! Phewf! I know he was in there because he left the cover up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My 2010 Chevrolet Equinox LT2 AWD 4 Cylinder does have this feature. I know mine was one of the few few that came off the production line. If you hold the unlock button for about 3-5 seconds, all 4 windows will go down. To put them up however, you must go inside the car and put the key in the ignition and use the inside switches. It's a pretty neat feature to cool off the car quick in the summer heat... But horrible if you accidentally hold the unlock button (thinking it was the automatic starter button) and it's raining outside. Oops!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts